Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Important tip. Steel targets don't seem to last very long when hit with jacketed .44 mag bullets. Or .357 either.
I have a whole bunch of 147 grain FMJ 9mm rejects. They measure .360. Any ideas how to get them down to 356 of so? (without being cost prohibitive)

oldngray

nowhere special
I have a whole bunch of 147 grain FMJ 9mm rejects. They measure .360. Any ideas how to get them down to 356 of so? (without being cost prohibitive)

Swaging dies maybe? 9mm is nominally .356 but I know you can get away with .358. You might be able to use the .360's as is if you back off the powder charge a bit.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was thinking about using them for cheap 38/357 practice rounds. That, and I don't have a 9mm.
They should work fine in .38/.357 but I would be careful and work up loads as I checked for pressure. Shouldn't be a problem if you aren't up to full power .357 loads. Their barrels are a fraction larger than 9 mm anyway (.357/.358).

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
20170525_152144.jpg
586 there

oldngray

nowhere special
Talk about bulk...my Dad got these off a guy who had a 55 gallon drum of them! The barrel fell off the back of his grossly overloaded pickup and onto I-5. What a mess!

I was one of their first customers when they were just getting started. My original account number (its different now) was my zip code plus 001.