Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I ran a route where the first pickup was a couple of hundred cartons of paper you had to load all the way in the front of a P1000 because you would be 100% full by the end of pickups. No power steering and you could hardly turn that pig with all that weight in the front.
My lower body from the waist down would be done for.

oldngray

nowhere special
My lower body from the waist down would be done for.
That route was a ballbuster. You had to start picking up that paper at 2 so you would have it all loaded by 2:30 when you were supposed to start pickups. No time to take it easy because you picked up about 1000 pieces. Not envelopes either.

oldngray

nowhere special
100 pounds you mean?

Yeah, 100 pounds per gallon. I estimated about 1000 147 grain bullets per quart and 4 quarts per gallon gives (147 x 1000 x 4) / 7000 = 84 pounds per gallon. I added a bit of a fudge factor and rounded it off to 100.

100 x 55 = 5500 pounds per barrel as a WAG.

sailfish

@silverbullet2893 I can get an Israeli surplus FN Hi Power right now if I wanted for a few hundred less than a new one. Very temping but I think I might just hold on and wait for my new backordered one to come in.

oldngray

nowhere special
Uzi was very innovative and still a good weapon. That said it has its faults and there are much better sub machine guns available now. A semi auto Uzi look a like is a waste of money.

sailfish

Not if you don't buy it ... I had no use for it.
What's the point if it doesn't rock 'n roll?
I've had the chance to shoot the MP5 a couple times. While full-autos are something that's fun to try from time to time, going through a box of ammo in three seconds and not hitting jack :censored2: isn't really something that interests me enough to want to have one.

sailfish

A semi auto Uzi look a like is a waste of money.
Not really. If you like the look and design of the gun but don't want to drop several grand and jump through all the Class III hoops then it's a great alternative, especially since you can't actually hit anything with a full-auto anyway.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG

Top 3 pictures are of my Mauser. It's an m48/BO. Not a single marking on it other than serial number and import marks. I've done some research on it and found out the BO means "bez oznake" meaning unmarked. Kind of cool if you ask me. I got it for a steal.

IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

The first one is the action of my k31. Bottom 2 are from the name tag that was in the butt stock underneath the butt plate.

IMG_0334.JPG

This one is the two side by side. Two awesome firearms