Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Can you imagine how much a barrel full of those would weigh? Amazing it didn't burst. I know they can only go about a third full with mercury before that happens.

oldngray

nowhere special
Can you imagine how much a barrel full of those would weigh? Amazing it didn't burst. I know they can only go about a third full with mercury before that happens.

A couple of tons at least would be my guess. 7000 grains per pound but I don't know how many bullets per gallon so just a wild guess.

over9five

Staff member
If I were to go there would I be able to staple a picture of my ex-wife on to their target?
Not at my range, Nashua Fish and Game Association. Can't use images of anyone.
I have a bunch of "Zombie Osama" targets. Not sure I could use those....

serveimage.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Some places won't allow human shape targets. SMH
Which to me is a bunch of crap. If you're training for personal defense, you need silhouette targets.

Those "cold range" places get on my nerves too. I mean Jesus Christ. A chambered gun is perfectly safe when holstered.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Which to me is a bunch of crap. If you're training for personal defense, you need silhouette targets.

Those "cold range" places get on my nerves too. I mean Jesus Christ. A chambered gun is perfectly safe when holstered.
Last rifle range I went to insisted chambering one round at a time for semiautos. Was hard sighting in to say the least.

oldngray

nowhere special
Brickload an old GMC with paper and things break.

I ran a route where the first pickup was a couple of hundred cartons of paper you had to load all the way in the front of a P1000 because you would be 100% full by the end of pickups. No power steering and you could hardly turn that pig with all that weight in the front.

oldngray

nowhere special

I made some estimates and came out with about 1000 pounds per gallon, so a WAG would make a full barrel around 5500 pounds. Too damn much.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Last rifle range I went to insisted chambering one round at a time for semiautos. Was hard sighting in to say the least.
Can't stay I'd've stuck around very long at that one.

That will get you killed.
That's why I can't get over the fact that that's how the military trained when they issued the 1911, including foreign militaries that still issue SAO sidearms. I understand the goal was to make the safety more idiot-proof, but it doesn't say much for your training if that's the shortcut you take.