Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
I also had a Winchester Model 70 30-06 Pre 64 sold it for a song. Worth a lot more today.

I always thought the pre 64's were over rated. Most of it is the reaction to cost cutting measures and endlessly repeated. The ones made just after were definitely lower quality but eventually returned to better made and bringing back some of the features that had been discontinued after 64.

Not that I wouldn't mind having a pre 64 but I don't think they are worth as much as many claim.

oldngray

nowhere special
Rem 788.jpg

Rem 788 in .308

Handy little rifle that was criticized because its rear locking lugs supposedly made it less accurate but I saw little difference in the real world.

over9five

Staff member
Shield.png

M&P Shield in 9mm. I shot one Sunday, trigger pull was awesome. I think I need one...

They were selling these a couple weeks ago with a free Apex trigger mod, which this gun had. I have no idea what that IS..... but did I mention the trigger pull was awesome?

Anyone have one?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
View attachment 155869

M&P Shield in 9mm. I shot one Sunday, trigger pull was awesome. I think I need one...

They were selling these a couple weeks ago with a free Apex trigger mod, which this gun had. I have no idea what that IS..... but did I mention the trigger pull was awesome?

Anyone have one?

Yessir. I had to get the mag extensions for it so it would fit my hand. It shot great and carried great. Just sold it when I got my CZ

over9five

Staff member
Just got this:

Mass requires new guns to have a 10 lb trigger pull. The Apex mod makes it a 5 lb. It must be legal to mod them after, because it's the dealer who does it.