Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
Just got this:

Mass requires new guns to have a 10 lb trigger pull. The Apex mod makes it a 5 lb. It must be legal to mod them after, because it's the dealer who does it.

Probably a temporary loophole until the liberals freak out and change the law again.

In many ways a heavy trigger pull is even less safe but of course it doesn't matter.

over9five

Staff member
Yup, I did it...

20170916_191531.jpg

over9five

Staff member

For my M&P 15-22. Kinda close, inside height is 12", rifle with scope is 11".
Hope it works....
Sick of wrapping it in a towel when I go to the range.

over9five

Staff member
I haven't had a free moment to try it yet.....

OK, I've had the S&W M&P Shield 9mm out to the range twice now.
During the break-in, maybe within the first 5 mags, it had some hiccups:
One stovepipe, one FTF, and twice the slide didn't lock back after the last round.
Now I probably have 500 rounds through it, and no failures after those.
It's a really nice gun to shoot, very accurate, and that trigger job was well worth it.
It's bigger than my 380, so it won't be a pocket gun. Bought a kydex IWB holster, seems ok. Might need bigger shirts, don't like to print.

Highly recommended!

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
OK, I've had the S&W M&P Shield 9mm out to the range twice now.
During the break-in, maybe within the first 5 mags, it had some hiccups:
One stovepipe, one FTF, and twice the slide didn't lock back after the last round.
Now I probably have 500 rounds through it, and no failures after those.
It's a really nice gun to shoot, very accurate, and that trigger job was well worth it.
It's bigger than my 380, so it won't be a pocket gun. Bought a kydex IWB holster, seems ok. Might need bigger shirts, don't like to print.

Highly recommended!

I carry alien gear holsters. I love them. Comfortable hides my CZ very well. The only thing I’ve ever had an issue with is some of the screws start to back out after awhile carrying. Might loc tite them

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Lol, wait! I just ordered TruGlo sights. They combine tritium AND fibreoptics so you can see your sights in any light. Check them out, and tell me what you think.

My uncle has TruGlo on his Glock(yuck) and they’re awesome. They don’t make truglo for my CZ so I’m having to get MeproLight.

oldngray

nowhere special
I do like the meprolights some of them are pretty streamline. They look good too. Pricey though but I think all the tritium sights are.

One nice thing about the CZ is the way it fits in your hand it points naturally without even looking at the sights. For precision good sights are necessary but you will still be in the ballpark without them.