Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

over9five

Staff member
I've been meaning to get one of those in 9mm. You'll need to report back, and tell me what you think of the .45 compared to it.
I figured the .45 would be a bit heavier, and less convenient to haul around, but not sure if that's accurate.

Shields.jpg

Top is my 9, bottoms the .45
I could hardly tell the difference shooting them. Maybe cuz the .45 has a ported barrel and slide.
They're pretty close to the same size and weight, the .45 a smidgen bigger all around.
If I were buying again, I'd go with the .45..... But there's not enough difference really for me to get one now. I'll keep my 9.

oldngray

nowhere special
View attachment 298334

Top is my 9, bottoms the .45
I could hardly tell the difference shooting them. Maybe cuz the .45 has a ported barrel and slide.
They're pretty close to the same size and weight, the .45 a smidgen bigger all around.
If I were buying again, I'd go with the .45..... But there's not enough difference really for me to get one now. I'll keep my 9.

With modern ammunition a 9 is almost as good as a .45

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Freakin' nice out today. Plus I had the range to myself so even after I was done shooting I just found a spot to hang out and enjoy the meadow.

20200607_140946.jpg

20200607_141014.jpg