Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

What'dyabringmetoday???

Anyone who wants a chance at driving in my building and is qualified is given a chance. Even encouraged to try. Who do you think management would rather have out there? A 65 year old car washer or a 25 year old package car driver? I have paid more Union dues in my life then you ever will.
The amount of dues you have paid means nothing in regard to this discussion.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I'm not on the negotiating committee junior. If we had real teamsters negotiating we wouldn't be here and scab "dues paying" members like you dilute the actual good language we actually have in the CBA.

They say the union is only as good as the members are strong enough to uphold the contract. The only thing you seems to uphold is your special deals and then hold up honest members wanting a FT pkg car job that you are stealing the work from.

Entitled 65 year old management buddy you are. The whole part time seniority sheet will shout for joy when you finally retire.

Who knows, maybe the trucks will get washed again. Now that's a win.
The eternal boomer. Hope he likes his lifetime of boosters

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That and I have the most seniority and experience. How many times will a FT driver on vacation or day off is going to come in and work? We don't have extra drivers sitting around the building getting paid just in case someone gets hurt. I really don't know why you are on this vendetta against me. Not that it matters. The company has to exhaust all means before working a supervisor. It's that simple.
At what point does that theory stop holding water....

....and when does an anomaly cease to be an anomaly and subsequently become the status quo???

I'll give a clue, the answer is contained within the question.

Bob11B

Silly thread...no progression, :censored2: benefits and they simply get fired after 3-6 months. It's a job and not a career.

PT Car Washer

....and when does an anomaly cease to be an anomaly and subsequently become the status quo???

I'll give a clue, the answer is contained within the question.
Had a lot of delivery drivers decide to take the day off today. Call out the air drivers. Your problem with air drivers doing ground work would not exist if drivers would just come to work when scheduled.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Had a lot of delivery drivers decide to take the day off today. Call out the air drivers. Your problem with air drivers doing ground work would not exist if drivers would just come to work when scheduled.
Same question and answer applies here:

I'll give you a clue, the answer is contained within the question.
....or are you here to tell us now that attendance policies are also not observed in your Local, along with contractual language concerning air drivers doing ground work and working vacations?

This story just keeps getting worse.

PT Car Washer

....or are you here to tell us now that attendance policies are also not observed in your Local, along with contractual language concerning air drivers doing ground work and working vacations?

Maybe if we had a Division manager like you we wouldn't have all of these discussions.

They do pick and choose on who they give the day off to

Big Rigger

They do pick and choose on who they give the day off to
According to PT 22.4 "carwasher" it wasn't scheduled off days, he said they called off.
You can't believe anything he posts so it's irrelevant.
The real issue is that he is management's buddy. The 65 yr old "go to guy". I have seen the inside company wannabes develope the same spine problems but you can't see it on CT or X-ray scans.

Looking at the 9.5 grievances that have piled up at JAC and National Dockets I would say that drivers have had enough and just take the day off out of service.
And why is that? Because the hiring freeze in areas, the deficient training of 22.4s who end up quitting, and the ridiculous dispatches have burned many good and responsible drivers out since last year.

Add to that cluster people like @PT Car Washer who continuously steals work from others, out of classification, outside his BID job, and perpetuates the hardship of real drivers by dishonestly working out of his bid classification for what?....his own greed thus allowing the company to continue to improperly staff the operation.

You can't fix his spine and integrity problems. You can just rejoice the day he and others like him walk out the door for the last time.
@BigUnionGuy has dissected the situation for years on here. UPSers are not loyal to the union membership as they should be and that disease may just come home to roost if people like @Bubblehead and @542thruNthru retire and decide to have a life without changing diapers of 65 year old adults who take the benefits of hard won pension and really solid pay scale raises and work dishonestly.

This is embarrassing to people who recite the Teamsters Creed at the local meetings and mean it.
But I'm guessing that PT carwasher doesn't go to meetings because he's busy washing his Center Manager and PDS cars on the weekends.
SMH. I'm done with it.

PT Car Washer

According to PT 22.4 "carwasher" it wasn't scheduled off days, he said they called off.
You can't believe anything he posts so it's irrelevant.
The real issue is that he is management's buddy. The 65 yr old "go to guy". I have seen the inside company wannabes develope the same spine problems but you can't see it on CT or X-ray scans.

Looking at the 9.5 grievances that have piled up at JAC and National Dockets I would say that drivers have had enough and just take the day off out of service.
And why is that? Because the hiring freeze in areas, the deficient training of 22.4s who end up quitting, and the ridiculous dispatches have burned many good and responsible drivers out since last year.

Add to that cluster people like @PT Car Washer who continuously steals work from others, out of classification, outside his BID job, and perpetuates the hardship of real drivers by dishonestly working out of his bid classification for what?....his own greed thus allowing the company to continue to improperly staff the operation.

You can't fix his spine and integrity problems. You can just rejoice the day he and others like him walk out the door for the last time.
@BigUnionGuy has dissected the situation for years on here. UPSers are not loyal to the union membership as they should be and that disease may just come home to roost if people like @Bubblehead and @542thruNthru retire and decide to have a life without changing diapers of 65 year old adults who take the benefits of hard won pension and really solid pay scale raises and work dishonestly.

This is embarrassing to people who recite the Teamsters Creed at the local meetings and mean it.
But I'm guessing that PT carwasher doesn't go to meetings because he's busy washing his Center Manager and PDS cars on the weekends.
SMH. I'm done with it.
Done with your personal attacks on me? Would like to discuss it further but I have to head into work and run an air route. Then see if anything else pops up. I would agree that a lot of newer drivers are quitting because of being overloaded sometimes 6 days a week. But that could be part the Unions plan to save the Pension.

542thruNthru

Whoa! Watch it, you're going to ruin my reputation as a PT driver. ;)

Thank you for the mention brother. It's a honor to be thought of in the same league as the others but I don't believe warranted.

AstonishingBossyFly-max-1mb.gif