Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

Its_a_me

Amazon's new starting wage $18.00 per hour (with $22.50 an hour in select markets) is more than an 8 year PT employee at UPS in a non-market adjustment hub (those that started at UPS on Aug 2nd, 2013 at $8.50 an hour are now at $17.48 an hour. The benefits while not equal are similar especially when the bonus, 20 week paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement are factored in).
Amazon signing bonus $3,000
20 week paid paternity leave
full college tuition reimbursement starting Jan 1st, 2022
After 30 days: health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) with 50% company match up to $10,000

Walmart starting wage $16.40 starting Sept 25th

UPS starting wage $15.00 an hour (or $22.00 an hour in select markets) and a 30 minute decision to hire.
9 months: health, vision, dental
pension vesting: 5 years
college tuition reimbursement is center/hub dependent--certainly not everywhere--and not even in the local contracts

As Hoffa said...best contract ever!!!! (sigh not)...want more of a right-to-work argument for states that will eventually break the union keep negotiating these junk contracts.

Amazon's new starting wage $18.00 per hour (with $22.50 an hour in select markets) is more than an 8 year PT employee at UPS in a non-market adjustment hub (those that started at UPS on Aug 2nd, 2013 at $8.50 an hour are now at $17.48 an hour. The benefits while not equal are similar especially when the bonus, 20 week paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement are factored in).
Amazon signing bonus $3,000
20 week paid paternity leave
After 30 days: health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) with 50% company match up to $10,000

Walmart starting wage $16.40 starting Sept 25th

UPS starting wage $15.00 an hour (or $22.00 an hour in select markets) and a 30 minute decision to hire.
9 months: health, vision, dental
pension vesting: 5 years
college tuition reimbursement is center/hub dependent--certainly not everywhere--and not even in the local contracts

As Hoffa said...best contract ever!!!! (sigh not)...want more of a right-to-work argument for states that will eventually break the union keep negotiating these junk contracts.
Don't drive and make the real money

Amazon doesn't even come close with the paid time off in the top pay of an RPCD driver

Its_a_me

Don't drive and make the real money

Amazon doesn't even come close with the paid time off in the top pay of an RPCD driver
Apples and oranges comparison.

Besides: RPCD driver bids aren't available everywhere...and 8 yrs seniority doesn't win those bids in the buidling....last one was won by a 12 year PT'er.... the union didn't help by allowing PVD and 22.4 which are now the only bids that recently went up. 22.4's are here to stay and someone doing the same job in a union is now getting paid less---another tacit to break the union.

Apples and oranges comparison.

Besides: RPCD driver bids aren't available everywhere...and 8 yrs seniority doesn't win those bids in the buidling....last one was won by a 12 year PT'er.... the union didn't help by allowing PVD and 22.4 which are now the only bids that recently went up. 22.4's are here to stay and someone doing the same job in a union is now getting paid less---another tacit to break the union.
Maybe you have to go apply at Amazon then

542thruNthru

Amazon's new starting wage $18.00 per hour (with $22.50 an hour in select markets) is more than an 8 year PT employee at UPS in a non-market adjustment hub (those that started at UPS on Aug 2nd, 2013 at $8.50 an hour are now at $17.48 an hour.
Key word here is NEW. Amazon is only starting people at that wage because of two things. They are burning through employees at a alarming rate and because they are trying to pull from other companies the small amount of people that are actually looking for work.

Just like UPS in certain areas.
20 week paid paternity leave.
Only for FT employees
Not for all schools. Only for Amazon education partners. Also all the stipulations have not come out yet. I have not heard if this is for PT or FT or both.
Only if you work 20 hours or more a week. Also not nearly as good as UPS benefits.
9 months: health, vision, dental.
Need just one punch.
pension vesting: 5 years.
Sounds good to me.

Keep cheerleading for now union companies and RTW laws. That's going to really help in the long run. SMH

Key word here is NEW. Amazon is only starting people at that wage because of two things. They are burning through employees at a alarming rate and because they are trying to pull from other companies the small amount of people that are actually looking for work.

Just like UPS in certain areas.

Only for FT employees

Not for all schools. Only for Amazon education partners. Also all the stipulations have not come out yet. I have not heard if this is for PT or FT or both.

Only if you work 20 hours or more a week. Also not nearly as good as UPS benefits.

Need just one punch.

Sounds good to me.

Keep cheerleading for now union companies and RTW laws. That's going to really help in the long run. SMH
How much does UPS match 401k?

542thruNthru

RPCD are steadily being replaced by 22.4 drivers. Just like the $40/hr PT sorters.
This is the same crap you guys have been saying for years! Just before it was "the old driver's are being Targeted to bring in young new drivers."

Showe where this is happening? Though in your crappy building where you allow sups to work beside you I guess I can believe it.

The contract is clear in the percentages. RPCDs are not being replaced by 22.4s.

This is the same crap you guys have been saying for years! Just before it was "the old driver's are being Targeted to bring in young new drivers."

Showe where this is happening? Though in your crappy building where you allow sups to work beside you I guess I can believe it.

The contract is clear in the percentages. RPCDs are not being replaced by 22.4s.
22.4 has only been in effect for 3 years. Give it time. Current RPCD's won't care because they have are guaranteed the top wages.