Not Enough Adults

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The other side of the equation is to increase the number of people paying in through taxes. That's why the southern border is open, whether anyone admits that or not.
They used to admit it.
Now they call you a racist conspiracy theorist and mumble some propaganda term like great replacement theory.

rickyb

Brace yourself for the upcoming decade as the gains many countries have made start to unwind for a very basic reason: not enough adults. The U.S. has an advantage over many countries in that we have a fairly large Millennial generation. A lot of countries don't. Gen-X is a bit small, and for the next 10-14 years that's going to slow us down a bit. But then our Millennials take over, coming into their own as adult consumers. But most of the world doesn't have that large a Millennial generation. You have to have enough consumption to sustain a thriving economy. Baby Boomers are retiring and spending less. Whether you think less consumption is a good thing or not it matters for many countries as the life they hope to have won't materialize. This will affect global stability. Imagine reverting to a time where if you don't have enough you invade the next country over to take what they have. Probably won't affect me too much at my age but I worry about the young in my family and the world they'll face. The world's population in most places are aging out without enough adults to replace them. That may be a factor in why the Biden administration is allowing so many in now. Going about it the wrong way if so but the truth is an influx of young adults means more future children plus more consumption now to feed, clothe, and house them. I highly recommend Peter Zeihan on YouTube for a lot of enlightenment about what current and future demographic trends mean for all of us.
consumption = instability

the whole economy doesnt work. throwaway culture is a sham

vantexan

consumption = instability

the whole economy doesnt work. throwaway culture is a sham
Well I guess we could just sit around all day listening to Ralph Nader and just stare at each other.

Go to the nearest big city. Look at the big buildings.

Go to your nearest supermarket. Look at all the choices.

Go to your nearest rail yard and watch the trains go through. Same at the airport.

All of that is because of capitalism and consumer consumption.

rickyb

Well I guess we could just sit around all day listening to Ralph Nader and just stare at each other.

Go to the nearest big city. Look at the big buildings.

Go to your nearest supermarket. Look at all the choices.

Go to your nearest rail yard and watch the trains go through. Same at the airport.

All of that is because of capitalism and consumer consumption.
yes and it will all end because it doesnt actually work.

the planet is 1.3 degrees C and climbing. governments will be overwhelmed.

civilizations crumble. but never on a worldwide scale before.

if this system was legit, we would fix what we have and upgrade, not throw away.

vantexan

if this system was legit, we would fix what we have and upgrade, not throw away.
What doesn't work is people who don't want to work but want to be paid well for minimal effort. Capitalism works because that jackass whose future is on the line if he doesn't make his investors happy will demand his employees work hard for the compensation they receive from him. Hard work works and you don't want to work hard.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It's 40 Fahrenheit here. Lol.

rickyb

What doesn't work is people who don't want to work but want to be paid well for minimal effort. Capitalism works because that jackass whose future is on the line if he doesn't make his investors happy will demand his employees work hard for the compensation they receive from him. Hard work works and you don't want to work hard.
if throw away culture / capitalism worked, then the planet would not have warmed 1.3 degrees already.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You are neglecting that rising & falling degrees could be the earth natural cycle.
Wasn't there an Ice Age no too long ago ?
So how did that get resolved ?
8FDFB515-3DB8-4342-B424-5275F92EE176.jpeg

rickyb

You are neglecting that rising & falling degrees could be the earth natural cycle.
Wasn't there an Ice Age no too long ago ?
So how did that get resolved ?
It's really unfortunate bc in addition to global warming were on the peak of a warning cycle. If it was cooling it would have bought us More Time to fix it