Not my Union

Trucker Clock

I just don’t like how many people who say they’re voting no because “why not” and “you never vote no on the first offer

1. This isn’t the first offer
And
2. That’s dumb logic because if everyone did that then the union and the company would just never put forth the true contract on the first time

It was probably the 4th or 5th. It was the one that the Union thought was finally a fair offer.

These people can vote no all they want expecting a few more dollars per hour. Ain't gonna happen. Our National Negotiating Committee came up with a TA that they agreed with. If we turn it down, do you really think the Union will have our back?

Try going after Buster without the Union's backing. Good luck.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This is such insanely short sight stupid logic. But not surprising for you
He said he can't afford to live where he lives.
So he should move, or get a different job. The union just gave him a way to move and keep his job.

What kind of insanely short sighted and stupid person would suggest he should stay there in poverty?
What exactly do you think would happen if every part timer followed that logic?
I do not believe every part timer cannot afford to live on their wage. They're not all homeless and starving. It's insanely short sighted and stupid to suggest such a thing.

Trucker Clock

He said he can't afford to live where he lives.
So he should move, or get a different job. The union just gave him a way to move and keep his job.

What kind of insanely short sighted and stupid person would suggest he should stay there in poverty?

I do not believe every part timer cannot afford to live on their wage. They're not all homeless and starving. It's insanely short sighted and stupid to suggest such a thing.

Yep.

If a PTer lives in a high cost of living state and needs huge pay raises just to keep food on the table, it's time to move.

Non liberal

I just don’t like how many people who say they’re voting no because “why not” and “you never vote no on the first offer

1. This isn’t the first offer
And
2. That’s dumb logic because if everyone did that then the union and the company would just never put forth the true contract on the first time
Most of the no votes are going to come from the inadequate FT raises

Non liberal

It was probably the 4th or 5th. It was the one that the Union thought was finally a fair offer.

These people can vote no all they want expecting a few more dollars per hour. Ain't gonna happen. Our National Negotiating Committee came up with a TA that they agreed with. If we turn it down, do you really think the Union will have our back?

Try going after Buster without the Union's backing. Good luck.
Gonna be a aw hell NAH!

Most of the no votes are going to come from the inadequate FT raises
Haven't heard that at all here.

Only thing I'm hearing people being vocal about is that they're happy about the pension increases. Hopefully lots of retirements coming up.

I haven't heard anything about the raises, but as details trickle out, the big storm here has been the reduction/freezing of pension contributions. Come to find out, many areas are taking it balls deep on pension details, and people aren't happy. Most of us aren't interested in selling our futures to give "historic" raises.

HubSnakeWrangler

The western conference pension is a big WTF here too. Also, this applies to my hub/gateway...I have to take back my initial thought 22.3 would be angry 22.4 "combos" would get elevated to RPCD. There were a lot of 22.4s in my hub who did actually have to work combo. Seems most pt and 22.3 hope it frees up positions for them. I'm on LTD so I am pretty detached from the majority. Oops?...😞

Last edited:

Knuckle Dragger

When you’ve chosen to be a elctro mechanic. You learn Nobody gives a flying flip about you. This contract is no different than any other. Just put your big boy pants on and get to work. It’ll pass 51% no matter what. I will be part of the 49%. No difference from any other union I’ve worked for.

Non liberal

I haven't heard anything about the raises, but as details trickle out, the big storm here has been the reduction/freezing of pension contributions. Come to find out, many areas are taking it balls deep on pension details, and people aren't happy. Most of us aren't interested in selling our futures to give "historic" raises.
Wow, that’s horrible. Thought there were no concessions?

Some of you guys are in for a rude awakening on how bad inflation really will get.

Were in for a decade of sky high inflation. Massive recession is coming.
Not even $30/$60 will be enough at the end of this new contract I'd bet.

The flip side of that is the economy right now is a house of cards built on a stack of freshly printed money. If it eventually comes crashing down, those of us left standing could be in pretty good shape.