Notice an uptick in SurePost deliveries?

O

OLDMAN3

3 boxes, 2 surepost and one regular ground, addressed to 3 houses, all were sorted by our UPS delivery center on the same day. Two houses right next to each other and one directly across the street. All three were easily walkable from one parking location. The Post Office got the 2 surepost boxes and I got the ground. I guess they were not in "close proximity" to each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I deliver to a post office that doesn't have their own carriers. Everyone in the village has to pick their packages up at the Post Office. So much for USPS providing the final mile delivery.

Overpaid Union Thug

On one hand I hope the rumor about Amazon is true. More volume could mean more jobs. On the other hand i hope its not true because in many areas the "expansion" that UPS keeps telling our shippers, and the press, about is either not happening or is highly exaggerated in the areas where it is really happening.

Its smoke and mirrors. Converting a bunch of TCDs to fulltime and also REPLACING package drivers that have moved into feeders is not going to increase capacity. Expanding parking lots and adding a few belts here and there won't either. Its all for not without adding the extra people needed to move the packages.

Shippers are going to assume UPS really has just went through a massive expansion and will send a higher percentage of their volume our way expecting us to be able to handle it. We will be caught with our pants down. Last year's debacle was at least partly the fault of Amazon but a failure this time will be 100% the fault of corporate UPS.

Sent using BrownCafe App

govols019

You smell that?
Talked to the that gives the CDL driving test at Massman the other day(can't remember his name) and he said he's done 87 tests this year. The most he had ever done before was 30 something.

MoarTape

Gotta select "shipment progress" to see it.

Are you speaking of UPS delivering it instead? If you sign up for MyChoice on ups.com, there's an option to upgrade all SurePost packages to ground. It's a $3.50 charge per package. It's free and actually pretty handy. I have a package coming on Friday and won't be home, so I can sign for it online.

Overpaid Union Thug

Talked to the that gives the CDL driving test at Massman the other day(can't remember his name) and he said he's done 87 tests this year. The most he had ever done before was 30 something.

I believe it. I was told today by a Whites Creek feeder driver that they are done training for the year. Where did you see him at?

govols019

You smell that?
At Massman...They told my feeder manager he was finished training for the year as well...A couple of grievances later and the training magically started back up.

Taco

Are you speaking of UPS delivering it instead? If you sign up for MyChoice on ups.com, there's an option to upgrade all SurePost packages to ground. It's a $3.50 charge per package. It's free and actually pretty handy. I have a package coming on Friday and won't be home, so I can sign for it online.
To clarify the conflicting information: MyChoice is free but the SurePost upgrade costs $3.50 per use for both regular members and premium members.
However this thread is showing that in some cases, UPS is doing the upgrade for free.