cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

oldngray

nowhere special
0_64_get_smart_shoe_phone.jpg

making a call?

juliebrown

This last week my hub decided that everyone with steel toed boots must take them off to go through their metal detector. Although it has some logic, it feels insulting and wastes my time. Maybe if they addressed us and informed us of a problem I would not feel so insulted. If they thought there was some sort of regular thievery going on. All it does for me is get me angry at the beginning of every shift.
I was upset when they did this in our hub, until I was told why they had us take off our shoes because people had been hiding things in there boots, that did not belong to them

Last edited by a moderator:

oldngray

nowhere special
I could strip down to what the good Lord gave me and I would still set off the metal detectors thanks to my new knees.

That reminds me of Samuel L. Jackson in "The Man" where he couldn't go through a metal detector at the end of the movie because of the bullet in his ass. He sent the guys with gloves to do the body cavity search on Eugene Levy when they came looking for him.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This last week my hub decided that everyone with steel toed boots must take them off to go through their metal detector. Although it has some logic, it feels insulting and wastes my time. Maybe if they addressed us and informed us of a problem I would not feel so insulted. If they thought there was some sort of regular thievery going on. All it does for me is get me angry at the beginning of every shift.
they would change that in a hurry if you were on the clock.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
An old timer here said they used to make you get dressed in their locker room until it was grieved and drivers were demanding to be paid for that time. Now they say just show up in your uniform.
I remember those days. we still have some drivers that do that.

ArcherUTR

......all this while management enters an unsecured side gate.... Hypocrisy hunh?

They closed down the one at ours maybe about two years ago. And that was before a manager offed himself over a bad peak season and life issues.

They only check shoes on the way out. Couldn't you buy reinforced leather toes, wouldn't that be strong enough?

ArcherUTR

Yeah, I remember the times when we had to leave our pants in the lockers every night. We used to also throw them in a big bin when they got dirty, and there was a dry cleaners that came by twice a week to pick up, drop off, and launder our pants. That was great, except then your clean pants would be hanging and other drivers would change into your pants. Luckily for me, there was only a couple of drivers who could fit into my bigazz pants. It made it easy to figure out who swiped them. lol.

I sorta remember the finality of this...a guy in my training class somehow didn't wear the right pants and i remembered there being extra worn-out uniforms in bins in the locker rooms. My training supervisor looked at me funny.

Now the only times I go in the locker rooms are to wash my hands, take a piss, or wipe off the dust on my lock so that no one tries to snip it to find an abandoned locker.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Up until a few years before I retired we always had to change pants in the locker room. You could wear the shirts (they were yours) home or to a bar but the pants had to stay back in the building. We even had a center manager who loved to watch his troops change until one day I asked him point blank if he was gay and got his rock off watching us. He was a weird one---he finally got transferred after getting caught changing part timers time cards.
The contract states that all employees who are required to change into a uniform at work shall be provided with a locker. Our building is overcrowded and we ran out of spare lockers many years ago, so the rule became unenforceable.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
At the building where I was, not only did management have a private, fenced parking lot but their own personal gate to bypass security. It was only for center managers and above, no entry level FT sups allowed. We had been having trouble with break ins in the employee parking lot. A new division manager came in and changed it, making everyone park in the same parking lot.

rod

Retired 22 years
At the building where I was, not only did management have a private, fenced parking lot but their own personal gate to bypass security. It was only for center managers and above, no entry level FT sups allowed. We had been having trouble with break ins in the employee parking lot. A new division manager came in and changed it, making everyone park in the same parking lot.

OPTION3

Really?
Never saw or heard of this.
If so that is taking Double Standards too far.
REALLY? I'M definitely not a LIAR....some on here most certainly are......this may come as a surprise to the naive.....this company operates on MANY double standards...

OPTION3

Any full time manager may use this entry exit....the funny part? When one of these loons comes in on a shooting spree....upper management will ask the question...."How did they get past our CRACK security measures?" Kool aide drinkers throughout the country will parrot out....."yeah we don't have special entrances for management....it simply doesn't happen".....Disgusting

Grieve it.