Now we take off our shoes to go to work

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At the building where I was, not only did management have a private, fenced parking lot but their own personal gate to bypass security. It was only for center managers and above, no entry level FT sups allowed. We had been having trouble with break ins in the employee parking lot. A new division manager came in and changed it, making everyone park in the same parking lot.
That's the way it should be.
I have been in over a 100 facilities over the years and I never entered and exited the facility using a different entrance/exit than day one employees.
UPS is changing but having a different entrance/exit for any employee is just wrong.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Friendly reminder.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

OPTION3

At the building where I was, not only did management have a private, fenced parking lot but their own personal gate to bypass security. It was only for center managers and above, no entry level FT sups allowed. We had been having trouble with break ins in the employee parking lot. A new division manager came in and changed it, making everyone park in the same parking lot.
I've been to almost all hubs and a majority of the centers in my state....I have seen dozens where these "special" entrances exist....

OPTION3

Friendly reminder.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.
Pm'ed you

browntroll

i would love to see the day they try this at my hub. i would stand there to make sure they check everyones boots/shoes even if they arent
steel toe. im normally the slowest one walking into and out of hub due to security checking me, i used to get mad when the suits would walk right through
the guard shack until a few years ago they finally started checking everyone. i remember when they tried checking my wallet i decided to put a bunch of change
so when they opened it the change would fallout they finally got tired of picking up my dimes and pennies.

OPTION3

i would love to see the day they try this at my hub. i would stand there to make sure they check everyones boots/shoes even if they arent
steel toe. im normally the slowest one walking into and out of hub due to security checking me, i used to get mad when the suits would walk right through
the guard shack until a few years ago they finally started checking everyone. i remember when they tried checking my wallet i decided to put a bunch of change
so when they opened it the change would fallout they finally got tired of picking up my dimes and pennies.
They should NEVER touch your property.....if they do demand LP...tell them there was a 100 dollar bill in your wallet/ bag/lunchbox...after LP hoofs it to the guard shack have them question the guard.....then say oh I forgot my wife took it to deposit today......have a nice day

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
As a visiting management person, you wouldn't have even been aware it was the norm at our facility. You had to have to possess a BEST key made to fit that particular core at that private gate. That gate is still there, but I haven't seen anyone use it in the last year or so. That parking lot that was used for the big shots is where our customer counter is located.
I have been in over a 100 facilities over the years and I never entered and exited the facility using a different entrance/exit than day one employees.

OPTION3

As a visiting management person, you wouldn't have even been aware it was the norm at our facility. You had to have to possess a BEST key made to fit that particular core at that private gate. That gate is still there, but I haven't seen anyone use it in the last year or so. That parking lot that was used for the big shots is where our customer counter is located.
same here...except ANY friend/T manager uses it at CC

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had one of those BEST keys but I never used it for that purpose.
That is definitely not in the spirit of United Parcel Service or James Casey.

Das Boots

I had a suit, assuming a head of security specifically, stop me at the detectors because I brought in my old ID by "mistake". He checked the picture ID and myself for a good minute, and decided I was stealing the building using a fake ID as entrance and thoroughly searched my boots for lint and packages. He then confiscated my old ID and asked me where is my new one, which was in my wallet in my truck.
This was the first time anyone has ever stopped me about my work ID.
Can't wait until tomorrow when they start checking ID's every 5 minutes because of this "major security issue".

Blkgiraffe

The buckle sets off the metal detector.
Everything sets those raggedy things off. Last night it kept going off when it got to my crotch and side upper thigh area. I was wearing some basketball shorts and I lift up my shirt and shake the shorts but it keeps going off. So he goes Seriously, what do you have in there? A phone? Earplugs?

I just go besides my penis and balls. I got nothing. He just gives me this disgusted looks and lets me pass through.

I'd think he'd think I was much smarter than to hide a phone in my underwear. Ever since this more invasive security check, its been hell every night getting off work.