Numbers Are Out

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Probably time to figure out how to make service with higher volume. If that means higher pay, do it. More trucks, do it. This is not a temporary increase in volume due to COVID. The staffing issues are not pandemic related. But we know this company runs on hopes and prayers that things return to “normal”.
You mean a permanent solution to a permanent problem???

FedEx is simply waiting out the situation until the robots and drones are perfected. How much more proactive did you expect?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Well good luck with THAT.

And with THAT too.

bacha29

If they're THAT stupid, then they don't deserve any sympathy.
Not so much stupid as they were heavily leveraged and trapped with no choice but to allow themselves to be dragged along.
You see Fred I and the other two Day 1's were fortunate to be there during the company's formative years. We saw first hand the slime ball way in which they did things, How they had zero respect for the fact that you had money invested . It didn't matter to them if you had $500 or $1,000,000 in the game, they treated everybody the same.....badly. You were simply "purchased transportation" . And the lower the cost of that "purchased transportation" the better.

When it came time to go multi route all 3 of us were in our 60's saw the wretched way in which "contractors" were lied to and manipulated there was simply no incentive to taking on all that debt and headaches. The ones that came in afterward had no knowledge as to the history of past practices putting them at a disadvantage and unprepared.

bacha29

Hope that drone delivery includes delivery, setup and installation because when they show up with that washer and dryer they had better he able to do all three or that drone will get the clay pigeon treatment.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Probably time to figure out how to make service with higher volume. If that means higher pay, do it. More trucks, do it. This is not a temporary increase in volume due to COVID. The staffing issues are not pandemic related. But we know this company runs on hopes and prayers that things return to “normal”.
You mean you, with all your experience and all your hot air about how you're super courier, aren't making service???? You better figure out a way to get it done, boy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You mean you, with all your experience and all your hot air about how you're super courier, aren't making service???? You better figure out a way to get it done, boy.
It all starts with getting the freight from the airports ON TIME numbnuts. Memphis has dropped the ball right there for the longest time, nor do they give a crap. Then you guys think it’s a courier problem? Just one more reason why people are quitting all the time.

Aquaman

It all starts with getting the freight from the airports ON TIME numbnuts. Memphis has dropped the ball right there for the longest time, nor do they give a crap. Then you guys think it’s a courier problem? Just one more reason why people are quitting all the time.
The funniest part is that the company thought an extra $3 an hour in certain areas was going to fix the retention/hiring problem. When you have a courier or RTD that’s $7/hr below top out after 14 years…. $3 isn’t going to keep them off indeed. When you have a 25 year wait for day shift, $3 isn’t going to cut it. When the benefits get more and more expensive, $3 ain’t enough. This company messed around for too long giving garbage raises during solid years. Had they just stuck to the step plan nobody would leave. If you’re $7 from top out and they give you a $2/hr raise, they think you should be elated. Increasing my current pay in no way makes me forget what I SHOULD be making.

floridays

Fred, splendid pick.

floridays

What's with the boy :poop: .

I'll speak for him, "got your boy right here 59 Dano."

I know someone beggin for a fat lip.

floridays

The funniest part is that the company thought an extra $3 an hour in certain areas was going to fix the retention/hiring problem. When you have a courier or RTD that’s $7/hr below top out after 14 years…. $3 isn’t going to keep them off indeed. When you have a 25 year wait for day shift, $3 isn’t going to cut it. When the benefits get more and more expensive, $3 ain’t enough. This company messed around for too long giving garbage raises during solid years. Had they just stuck to the step plan nobody would leave. If you’re $7 from top out and they give you a $2/hr raise, they think you should be elated. Increasing my current pay in no way makes me forget what I SHOULD be making.
But you don't walk. They win.

I understand you can't, they do as well.
Jointly, you can shut their operation down, payday to payday has an alligator bite and a butterfly ass.

If you don't fight for yourself no one will fight for you.

59 Dano

Let's see, you can't make service because of issues that are beyond your control. But by GOD, there is no excuse for anyone or anything upstream to be less than perfect and any and all issues should be corrected as soon as they occur.

Got it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Let's see, you can't make service because of issues that are beyond your control. But by GOD, there is no excuse for anyone or anything upstream to be less than perfect and any and all issues should be corrected as soon as they occur.

Got it.
💩 flows downhill, remember? The consequences pile up on the bottom of the totem. The ones you routinely dismiss as easily replaced.

Ever see what happens to a tall building when its foundation isn’t properly cared for?

59 Dano

💩 flows downhill, remember? The consequences pile up on the bottom of the totem. The ones you routinely dismiss as easily replaced.

Ever see what happens to a tall building when its foundation isn’t properly cared for?

I just like hearing couriers demand instant and immediate solutions for issues that are far more complex than they are capable of even comprehending.

Thesearecrazytimes

FedEx policy is a pat on the back with one hand and a knife in the back with the other.
Whenever I think of Fedex, I think of this song lyric;

"And after a while you can work on points for style
Like the club tie and a firm handshake
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you
You'll get the chance to put the knife in,"

Last edited:

Aquaman

I just like hearing couriers demand instant and immediate solutions for issues that are far more complex than they are capable of even comprehending.
Assuming couriers can’t comprehend the companies issues is your first problem. Thinking we’re unskilled idiots is your second problem. Forget the PUD aspect, just DRIVING on todays roads with all these phone zombies and not getting in accidents is more difficult than any conference call you might have to sit in on. Then assuming we want instant & immediate solutions when the pay progression has been a problem for 15-20 years is your third problem. You’re just super super smart dude. I got hired through a hiring session with 30 people competing for 1 handler position. The company has not maintained that desirability due to current employee treatment. NOBODY tells family or friends to apply here anymore. Retirees don’t even recommend it. And that has nothing to do with hourly employees and everything to do with how they’re treated. The need for an instant or immediate solution is the direct result of upper managment. Not COVID, not volume, not stimulus money, not unemployment benefits… UPPER MANAGMENT.