OBAMA gets another high profile Terror suspect! Who's tough on terror now?

browndevil

Ah, sour grapes, got to love that with you right wing war zombies. When youre in charge, its This guy, that guy those guys are terrorists who threaten the US, we need to spend billions to catch them, but when Obama gets them for peanuts on the dollar, ITS NO BIG DEAL.

Sorry, OBAMA ROCKS on the war on terror!

Peace.
Or as Bill Maher calls him President BadAss:)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
President OBAMA finally struck and killed Anwar Al-Awalaki in a Drone stike / Jet strike in YEMEN. Like OBAMA said in 2008 while running for office, "I WILL GO INTO ALL COUNTRIES and KILL TERRORISTS WHO THREATEN THE UNITED STATES".

The republicans mocked him for this statement but he is making good with his promises. So far, Bin Laden, Al-Awalaki and 10 other terror leaders.
http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-us-attack-yemen-kills-al-awlaki-130835684.html
Peace

I have been critical of Obama in his economic policies and his anti-business policies but I fully applaud his execution (pun intended) in the continuation on the "War on Terror". He has used the technologies and infrastructure that was put in place after 9/11 and shown little hesitancy to let the military use the tools at their disposal.

Hats off to Obama!

Now back to job creation. :wink2:

wkmac

nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

US Constitution, Amendment 14

Justice being taken away, then, what are kingdoms but great robberies? For what are robberies themselves, but little kingdoms? The band itself is made up of men; it is ruled by the authority of a prince, it is knit together by the pact of the confederacy; the booty is divided by the law agreed on. If, by the admittance of abandoned men, this evil increases to such a degree that it holds places, fixes abodes, takes possession of cities, and subdues peoples, it assumes the more plainly the name of a kingdom, because the reality is now manifestly conferred on it, not by the removal of covetousness, but by the addition of impunity. Indeed, that was an apt and true reply which was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride, “What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor.”

Augustine, City of God, page 139-140

Catatonic

Nine Lives
US Constitution, Amendment 14

I refer you to an analogous situation.
The Northern Aggression against the US citizens who lived in the Confederate States of America.
Sometimes known as the US Civil War - the US Government killed US citizens who were participating and leading in an effort against the interests of the US Government.

I understand you are just putting examples out there for thought but at some point, people in power have to make tough decisions that dictated by pragmatic logic rather than intellectual exercises in the quibbles of Constitution.

JMO

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Kent_State_massacre.jpg

The land of the free and home of the brave.

wkmac

I refer you to an analogous situation.
The Northern Aggression against the US citizens who lived in the Confederate States of America.
Sometimes known as the US Civil War - the US Government killed US citizens who were participating and leading in an effort against the interests of the US Government.

I understand you are just putting examples out there for thought but at some point, people in power have to make tough decisions that dictated by pragmatic logic rather than intellectual exercises in the quibbles of Constitution.

JMO

I see your logic now. It's like a rich person's wealth being their property is flawed if the tough decision of pragmatic necessity is the state needs those funds far more for it's own self interests than the quibbling intellectual exercises of the rights of life, liberty and property. Saddling the yet unborn taxpayer with a debt to pay for today now appears the greatest of act of true American Statesmanship of which we should stand in awe.

Thanks for correcting me in my obvious wrongheaded thinking!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I see your logic now. It's like a rich person's wealth being their property is flawed if the tough decision of pragmatic necessity is the state needs those funds far more for it's own self interests than the quibbling intellectual exercises of the rights of life, liberty and property. Saddling the yet unborn taxpayer with a debt to pay for today now appears the greatest of act of true American Statesmanship of which we should stand in awe.

Thanks for correcting me in my obvious wrongheaded thinking!

You're welcome ... glad I could help.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I had classmates going to Kent State at that time......one stood next to a boy who was wounded. The hammer went there for about a year and a half. Go Golden Flashes!

Yes, its sad knowing the republicans did this at our college campuses, yet you support them.

Peace.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Yes, its sad knowing the republicans did this at our college campuses, yet you support them.

Peace.

What is sad is your Too One Sided views and undying love for the Messiah regardless of mistakes he made and continues to make. What is sad is the same issues that you bashed Republicans and Bush for, you applaud as your Messiah continues to do the same. What is sad is when you make up crap and run and hide when asked for proof.

wkmac

Unlike the previous administration, I'm just thankful we have a President and a Presidential administration dedicated to the principle of open and transparent gov't.

!

And Jake was right and credit for doing his job from someone who is always highly cynical, skeptical and critical of the MSM.

av8torntn

And Jake was right and credit for doing his job from someone who is always highly cynical, skeptical and critical of the MSM.

I agree in this case. I am one of the people he spoke of that find it troublesome that an American president can order the killing of a US citizen without any type of due process. I also find it troubling that his family had tried to petition the courts with legal representation to remove him from the kill or capture list but were denied any opportunity. It seems like our current government wants to give trials to the POW's at gizmo but not to our own citizens.

I'm not sure where this will end. Will the president now be able to order the CIA to drop a bomb on a citizen in the name of the war on drugs without any type of due process?

klein

Für Meno :)
I agree in this case. I am one of the people he spoke of that find it troublesome that an American president can order the killing of a US citizen without any type of due process. I also find it troubling that his family had tried to petition the courts with legal representation to remove him from the kill or capture list but were denied any opportunity. It seems like our current government wants to give trials to the POW's at gizmo but not to our own citizens.

I'm not sure where this will end. Will the president now be able to order the CIA to drop a bomb on a citizen in the name of the war on drugs without any type of due process?

Why isn't 1 one of the top 3 republicans leader candidates not speaking out like you ?
I'm just waiting for it, so another candidate drops of the list.

And if all 3 make a statement like you, then it's a sure win for Obama in 2012 !

av8torntn

Why isn't 1 one of the top 3 republicans leader candidates not speaking out like you ?
I'm just waiting for it, so another candidate drops of the list.

And if all 3 make a statement like you, then it's a sure win for Obama in 2012 !

First off I am not a spokesman for any of the presidential candidates. Secondly I have heard one of the candidates speak out about this.