Obama Threatens Action in Libya

packageguy

Yes I heard the something, british will take air operation.
If it's me lay them out, no mercy, sorry
It should of been done long time ago.

bbsam

Staff member

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nobody is mentioning anymore about Moamar, or whatever he's called , stepping down. He's lied about there being a cease fire.....he's a sleaze. Where are the paid assassins when you need them ?????????

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Because they are ignoring a UN resolution. If I remember correctly, that was justification enough in the past. Nice to see this time that the "Coalition of the Willing" is a far more serious and involved group.

Thats right...Saddam did it for 11 years before he got a final boot up his arse. I guess no one wanted to do anything for those 11 years but now when Momar acts up we step in...isnt that special.

bbsam

Staff member
Thats right...Saddam did it for 11 years before he got a final boot up his arse. I guess no one wanted to do anything for those 11 years but now when Momar acts up we step in...isnt that special.

You should be happy. The Bush Doctrine lives.

wkmac

Status quo rules. Be happy.

I'd bet good money (and I don't gamble because it's not a sure thing) that had Obama kept his campaign promises there would still be screaming about that too!

Personally I would like to have seen him keep those promises just to watch what would happen. True transparency alone would be worth anything else he might do and if he could give that, regardless of all else, I'd consider that alone a great presidency. I doubt any President we've had has been truly transparent because if they were, historians would have nothing they could uncover later and revisionism goes into the night of history like the dinosaur!
:wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am watching this unfold on TV and noting that it is French aircraft that are currently enforcing the no-fly zone, not American. There are also reports of Danish, Norwegian and British aircraft en route to bases in Italy that will participate. And there are reports that several Arab countries (yet unnamed) are part of the coalition.

There is a major difference between what we are doing in Libya vs. what we did in Iraq. In this case, it is not only a U.N. resolution but an Arab League resolution calling for the no-fly zone. And the resolution also mandates a cease-fire.

We didnt meddle in Egypt because it wasnt necessary. Egypt's military is highly trained and professional, and it basically told Mubarak that it would not obey instructions to open fire on unarmed civilians. In Libya, however, Ghadafi has employed mercenaries to reinforce his army and that army is using tanks and air power to attack civilians. At some point, it does become appropriate for the rest of the world to intervene and it would appear that the rest of the world has chosen to do so.

bbsam

Staff member
I'd bet good money (and I don't gamble because it's not a sure thing) that had Obama kept his campaign promises there would still be screaming about that too!

Personally I would like to have seen him keep those promises just to watch what would happen. True transparency alone would be worth anything else he might do and if he could give that, regardless of all else, I'd consider that alone a great presidency. I doubt any President we've had has been truly transparent because if they were, historians would have nothing they could uncover later and revisionism goes into the night of history like the dinosaur!
:wink2:
I'd say the Carter administration was fairly transparent. Nobody's gonna make that mistake again!:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's fine if you don't want to be transparent, but don't go telling people that you will be and then turn around and be secretive......that's why Obama is a LIAR !!