OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don’t think he’s looking to punish I think he’s looking to get the best deal possible the idea that UPS would ever pay $50 an hour without being forced is really not reality.

I agree with you these jobs don’t grow on trees. This company would never have these jobs if it were not for the union so these jobs would not be a possibility without the union and members pushing for better contracts.

The articles you read that are meant for the consumption of the members are probably not exactly the way they approach negotiations when it’s time to sit across the table from the company.
Still, you don’t want to kill the golden goose.

Cowboy Mac

I don’t think he’s looking to punish I think he’s looking to get the best deal possible the idea that UPS would ever pay $50 an hour without being forced is really not reality.

I agree with you these jobs don’t grow on trees. This company would never have these jobs if it were not for the union so these jobs would not be a possibility without the union and members pushing for better contracts.
If it weren’t for the pay and benefits, UPS would have the same McDonalds level employees and service that FedEx has.

We would not be the best in the industry if it weren’t for hard working Teamsters. The company expects a lot from us, but we expect a lot from them in return. This way we hold everyone to a higher standard.

AKCoverMan

It would take a decade to come back, but without a union to deal with, the company would rebuild easily without $50/hr, pension contributions, insurance premiums, etc......
I appreciate your points and your many years of service. However, UPS is generating huge profit. Wall Street is much too focused on next fiscal quarter results, the company is not going to shut down the money flow for years to rebuild as a non union company IMO.

textat3

Bottom line is we make UPS 13B a year. Record profits during pandemic. We have a CEO who makes 27M a year,,,,,to run a trucking company. We get paid decent at best for those in large metro areas. We want ours.

Bottom line is we make UPS 13B a year. Record profits during pandemic. We have a CEO who makes 27M a year,,,,,to run a trucking company. We get paid decent at best for those in large metro areas. We want ours.
In the past year there is a dividend up 60%

Last year they also gave the pilots and nice two year extension....
And don't forget about the bonuses they gave all of management this year...

JustDeliverIt

Management always seems to find plenty to pass around to shareholders and themselves on our backs. We are compensated well, I’ve never disagreed with that, but the company is not struggling at all. They make more money, we make more. Fairly simple IMO.

Management always seems to find plenty to pass around to shareholders and themselves on our backs. We are compensated well, I’ve never disagreed with that, but the company is not struggling at all. They make more money, we make more. Fairly simple IMO.
Well hopefully enough people will remember how the company traditional pandemic why all the supervisors work from home like a bunch of vaginas
That was unforgivable what they did to us

JustDeliverIt

Well hopefully enough people will remember how the company traditional pandemic why all the supervisors work from home like a bunch of vaginas
That was unforgivable what they did to us

That was a nationwide standard if possible, not like they were the only ones. I purely base it on bottom line.

When I started here in the later 2000’s the contract was not good. Stock price went down, ‘08 hit and I understood why things went the way they did.

The last contract was a disgrace IMO when the company was making money before Covid hit and the old leadership dropped the ball. We have new leadership, a hopeful new outlook with being abused the last few years and an even stronger position than the last contract as far as profits up and a dwindling work force. If we don’t take a few steps forward it will be loss.

That was a nationwide standard if possible, not like they were the only ones. I purely base it on bottom line.

When I started here in the later 2000’s the contract was not good. Stock price went down, ‘08 hit and I understood why things went the way they did.

The last contract was a disgrace IMO when the company was making money before Covid hit and the old leadership dropped the ball. We have new leadership, a hopeful new outlook with being abused the last few years and an even stronger position than the last contract as far as profits up and a dwindling work force. If we don’t take a few steps forward it will be loss.
Guess what...

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Guess what...
Screenshot_20230226_195127_Chrome.jpg

Brownwind

Remember when we were essential workers and called heroes for being frontline workers.

Faceplanted

Just my 2 cents here. O'Brien and staff should realize their are two parties. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

If O'brien wants to punish the company, then all should realize they may be looking for a new job. A strike would decimate UPS, but would not destroy it.
It would take a decade to come back, but without a union to deal with, the company would rebuild easily without $50/hr, pension contributions, insurance premiums, etc......

Their employee overhead would plummet and would be rebuilt without all the headaches and drama every 5 years.
The would become just like any other at-will employer.

Jobs, like the ones UPS has provided for decades, don't grow on trees. Try to find another with such benefits.
I worked there for 30 years, and thankful for the check direct deposited in my account each month.
Most, if not all, active employees don't think about their long distance future.
One day you will, maybe sooner than you think if O'Brien is more than just talk.

And no, pretty sure my pension is safe, to a degree. In order for UPS to breakaway from the union.......there is a law requiring a buyout from an employer with active retirees to maintain some or all of their benefit (pension withdrawal liability), this would be a big number for UPS. But then they would be done with any more contributions and no help for active employees going forward.

Bottomline, I believe both sides should bargain with respect and in good faith.
When you realize the goal is to drive the company into the ground. Re-organize operations contracting more work out. Upper managment are selling their stock now.

If we do strike, and they only come up with a 2-3 year contract, that would be a massive win for ups. Next contract they can get whatever they want as the volume will take a decade to come back. Either we get a good deal, or ups as we know it will evolve into a more profitable modern machine.