OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

Emergency Conditions

I feel they would not be good drivers if they could drive… when I come up on moose on the side of the road they seem to more often than not choose to run off by scampering into the woods on the opposite side of the road running right in front of me.
I like when they take off right down the road in front of me and refuse to turn down a driveway to let me pass...very inconsiderate!

TeltBender

Even if there is a strike, I am not too sure about how effective it will be, probably more than half of the poverty ridden PTers don’t even know what a union is let alone a strike, they’re so short sighted they will scab for $23 an hour and we already make $20. In my section I’m pretty sure only 2 or 3 people including me would not come in out of 15 guys.

PT Car Washer

Even if there is a strike, I am not too sure about how effective it will be, probably more than half of the poverty ridden PTers don’t even know what a union is let alone a strike, they’re so short sighted they will scab for $23 an hour and we already make $20
Almost all PT only work at UPS as a second job for the benefits and or a second income. The rest are going to school or raising a family (working mothers). Most are in a much better position to ride out a strike than younger FT who are already over extended financially.

TeltBender

Almost all PT only work at UPS as a second job for the benefits and or a second income. The rest are going to school or raising a family (working mothers). Most are in a much better position to ride out a strike than younger FT who are already over extended financially.
Not in 177 it seems, most are deadbeat college dropouts who don’t know how to do anything but smoke weed. I don’t see 177 being as powerful as it currently is in the future to be honest.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I don't think that's always the case, maybe half the time. The transition into full time can be difficult, especially if you're in a group and the lowest seniority. Work one day, no work the next. If you have a family and are just trying to get by in today's economy, it's difficult at 21 to 23 an hour. Doesn't mean they're irresponsible financially, it's just the times.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I don't think that's always the case, maybe half the time. The transition into full time can be difficult, especially if you're in a group and the lowest seniority. Work one day, no work the next. If you have a family and are just trying to get by in today's economy, it's difficult at 21 to 23 an hour. Doesn't mean they're irresponsible financially, it's just the times.
Thanks to Brandon.

Certainly you're not talking about the best contract ever..
Screenshot_20230201-190931-480.png

34yearpackagehumper

All that I can tell you it was slow as hell after the strike of 97.

I'm not trying to spread fear , I'm just being honest.
But yes I think we have better leverage this contract and much better leadership.
You are right ! It took several weeks before my center got back on track . But you have got to do what you got to do. My advice would be save some money or be like I was in 97. I had several outside business interest and sold my share in one. I made more money on strike than I did working. Even though UPS is a good paying job never I mean never put all your eggs in one basket . I saw guys that had to cross the picket line because they could not afford to be out of work. You know what "they never lived it down" .

You are right ! It took several weeks before my center got back on track . But you have got to do what you got to do. My advice would be save some money or be like I was in 97. I had several outside business interest and sold my share in one. I made more money on strike than I did working. Even though UPS is a good paying job never I mean never put all your eggs in one basket . I saw guys that had to cross the picket line because they could not afford to be out of work. You know what "they never lived it down" .
I've been telling the guys to save some money

AKCoverMan

Definitely building-dependent but there definitely will be. In my building, there are regular drivers and 22.4 drivers who are living paycheck to paycheck and aren't saving anything. One driver even has a 2022 Corvette.
So I hope you are mentoring these junior members about what’s coming. This is not the year to buy new vehicle.