OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

Trucker Clock

Instead of starting another thread I thought I'd add to this one.

View attachment 414046
I get we're after MLK day but this again just annoys me about the lack of the IBTs planning. Just like the 9.5 day this wasn't very thought out.

Let's have a rally about low PT pay, 22.4s, excessive over time... On a Monday that usually half the PTers don't work, 22.4s don't work and pretty much the work force is almost half what it is the rest of the week.

I'm sorry it's just poor planning in my mind. I can just hear someone in the IBT...

"Hey let's have a rally! I know let's do it on MLK day."

"That's brilliant! Let's not put any thought into it. Susan send out the fliers please."

That was planned that way. Put on a big show, but don’t rock the boat.

Thebrownblob

Ok, didn't know the union was forced to accept the deal? Good to know.
Settle down wally I was just being facetious. Certainly you can say many of us are doing well. It would be great to leave the next group better off when we are, we can’t do that by just accepting whatever the company tells us it’s good for us we have to push back and get the best deal possible does that make sense to you or is it difficult? Mistakes made by previous administrations cannot be taken back, but they do not have to be made again. Having an “I got mine” attitude does not get that.

Settle down wally I was just being facetious. Certainly you can say many of us are doing well. It would be great to leave the next group better off when we are, we can’t do that by just excepting whatever the company tells us it’s good for us we have to push back and get the best deal possible does that make sense to you or is it difficult? Mistakes made by previous administrations cannot be taken back, but they do not have to be made again. Having an “I got mine” attitude does not get that.
2018 was a big step backwards

Pullman Brown

The company needs a higher starting rate of pay for a part timers that’s an easy one.

The company needs a better solution to Foced six days. I suspect they’re ready to deal on the 22.4, but I don’t think many of the full-time drivers will like the answer. Many of them think Saturday should be a premium payday. I suspect an agreement will be made to get rid of 22.4 and have regular drivers working Tuesday through Saturday by seniority at regular pay.

I do agree with you the PVD is the wildcard here and could cause a strike

If you don’t have clear no six punch language in the national then you will only be shifting the problem around to Monday staffing issues. I don’t trust them to properly staff the operation without making them with strong no six punch language!

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you mean give us MLK instead of black Friday? Or do you mean the original deal was for mlk but we took day after thanks givingm
To get off Black Friday. It used to be a normal work day. We never had MLK day off but I think the deal was for us to get Black Friday off instead.