Occupy Wall Street

804brown

And that "stupid behavior" is expressed every time the OWS morons get together and furthermore you fully support them...Whats that say about you?

I support the message: holding those responsible on wall st for what they did as well as expose the inequality of our current corrupt system that does not work for all of us. In a wide and diverse movement as this, keeping everyone on the same page is difficult. There is always an "anarchist" fringe that like to confront police (or any govt official) or do damage to property. I wouldnt call burning a flag "moronic" . I dont think it helps when you are trying to expand the movement but it is done with a purpose. Instead of coming on here are criticizing the movement and some of their actions, try visiting an occupation site and talk to the people there. Go over the heads of the media filter with their own corporate establishment bias .

PobreCarlos

I support the message: holding those responsible on wall st for what they did as well as expose the inequality of our current corrupt system that does not work for all of us. In a wide and diverse movement as this, keeping everyone on the same page is difficult. There is always an "anarchist" fringe that like to confront police (or any govt official) or do damage to property. I wouldnt call burning a flag "moronic" . I dont think it helps when you are trying to expand the movement but it is done with a purpose. Instead of coming on here are criticizing the movement and some of their actions, try visiting an occupation site and talk to the people there. Go over the heads of the media filter with their own corporate establishment bias .

In this instance, burning the flag wasn't simply "moronic"....it was criminal. And, in case it's relevant, I actually made a point of speaking with "occupiers" on two separate occasions...and I found their prevalent attitude on both occasions to be one of "gimme, gimme". They "want" jobs. They "want" financing. They "want" health care. They "want" OTHERS to pay taxes. In total, there's a very long list of things they "want" from society, but a very short-to-non-existent list of what they are willing to PROVIDE. In addition, I left with the opinion that they represent the primary reason for there being such a level of alleged "inequality" in this country; i.e. - that their "class" of society (using the word VERY loosely and somewhat sarcastically!) just isn't willing to show the initiative, or express the willingness to compete, or expend the effort to EARN their way up from "inequality". One wonders how they can expect to treated as "equal" when they refuse to function on "equal" terms? There are exceptions, of course....but, generally speaking, I can't avoid thinking that, if they represent the "99%", then God help the country.

PobreCarlos

One could say the same for RTWers.

menotyou;

"One" could...but the "one" wouldn't be speaking intelligently and/or honestly in doing so. In essence, all the "RTW"ers are asking for is nothing more than to be be left alone. They want to make their OWN decisions...and not be COMPELLED to follow the dictates of those who believe they can't exist except as parasites on their fellow man. Big difference.

hypocrisy

Banned
Hey, it's that cranky old man who moved into the HOA neighborhood and now doesn't want to follow the rules.

:censored2:

Last edited by a moderator:

PobreCarlos

Hey, it's that cranky old man who moved into the HOA neighborhood and now doesn't want to follow the rules.

Stop smelling my finger Pobre.

"crowbar"

After where you bragged about sticking it, I doubt if you'll have ANY trouble preventing folks (myself included) from :censored2:. That said, I'm kinda' amazed that an individual, no matter how clownish, would actually ADMIT to :censored2:. But if that's the way you get your jollies, far be it from me to criticize. The world takes all kinds, I guess.

Meanwhile, I've been reading about - and watching - the Indiana Senate passing the RTW bill, and am happily awaiting Daniels signing of it. Looks like the "occupy" movement - or something similar - might try to get involved with a proposed "occupation" of the Super Bowl. And with that - especially if it makes a good show on TV (and it has, in Indy at least!) - maybe we can put the final nail in the coffin for "card check" and the supremely mis-named "Employee Free Choice Act" proposals the parasite crowd has been pushing. Seems that guys who like to ":censored2:" don't come out "smelling" too good on television. Who da' thunk it? Kinda' puts a "fini" to a couple of threads here, doesn't it? [smile]

Sorry if I'm sounding giddy....but I really DO get a bit excited when those who seem hell-bent on destroying the country get a little kick in their hindquarters.

Anyway, keep that "finger" of yours away from me, will ya'? Let your dog lick it or something.

hypocrisy

Banned
Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,.

Ah Pobre, I like to get a feel for my 'competition' (and I use that loosely).

:censored2:

PobreCarlos

"crowbar"

Kinda' painted yourself in a corner there with your statement about :censored2:, haven't ya' guy? Had some unattended consequences, did it? Bet you wished you'd thought about it for a second or two before shooting your mouth off; after all, that's the sort of admission that's a little hard to weasel your way out of after-the-fact. Good effort, though!

Think of it this way; at least it appears you've found SOMETHING you can be good at. Or, in terms of the topic, of your hindquarters already being "occupied".

island1fox

DAMN, And people say to stay away from current events if you do not want harsh rhetoric. It seems to be down,dirty and smelly here !!

PobreCarlos

island1fox;

Word to the wise; don't EVER talk about :censored2: as "crowbar" did here. Don't think anyone should be surprised by the discovery that the consequences of same aren't very pretty.

hypocrisy

Banned
Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,Union busting drivel,
Aww, Pobre is like the little kid that never got picked for anything and the cool kids made fun of. Now he's in his little office at RTW still soiling his Underoos. Oh, and I'll be sure to round up my "unattended" consequences. Do you find it a little difficult to form proper sentences and use punctuation when you are flustered? It shows.

Must be kind of nice to be so oblivious when others are laughing at you.

island1fox

island1fox;

Word to the wise; don't EVER talk about :censored2: as "crowbar" did here. Don't think anyone should be surprised by the discovery that the consequences of same aren't very pretty.

P.C.

Believe me--even before I saw the posts here --it has never crossed my mind !!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hello... Please refrain from using derogatory or vulgar language on our forum. I realize that these issues are emotional but this forum is a friendly resource for all upsers and vulgar sexual references distract us from that purpose and undermine the credibility of our community.

Thank you.

Buddybrown

How does crapping in a park hold Wall st accountable. OWS cannot be taken seriously because their message lacks conviction. They can disrupt business, burn, loot, take over private property with a sense of entitlement but they then become worse than the purpose they proclaim they're fighting against. Tell me why did the tea party demonstrate without doing this? The teaparty actually affected change in getting people elected. I'm not a teaparty individual but they have my respect for the way the brought about change without all the bull ****. These OWS people in my opinion want something for nothing and are not willing to work hard. America in and of itself allows everyone the opportunity to succeed. So get people off the government food stamps and get them back to work. Besides Obama says there are plenty of jobs out there. :)

menotyou

bella amicizia
menotyou;

"One" could...but the "one" wouldn't be speaking intelligently and/or honestly in doing so. In essence, all the "RTW"ers are asking for is nothing more than to be be left alone. They want to make their OWN decisions...and not be COMPELLED to follow the dictates of those who believe they can't exist except as parasites on their fellow man. Big difference.
Nanc, if you like this so much, The withdrawal cards are available at 14 elm st.

804brown

In this instance, burning the flag wasn't simply "moronic"....it was criminal. And, in case it's relevant, I actually made a point of speaking with "occupiers" on two separate occasions...and I found their prevalent attitude on both occasions to be one of "gimme, gimme". They "want" jobs. They "want" financing. They "want" health care. They "want" OTHERS to pay taxes. In total, there's a very long list of things they "want" from society, but a very short-to-non-existent list of what they are willing to PROVIDE. In addition, I left with the opinion that they represent the primary reason for there being such a level of alleged "inequality" in this country; i.e. - that their "class" of society (using the word VERY loosely and somewhat sarcastically!) just isn't willing to show the initiative, or express the willingness to compete, or expend the effort to EARN their way up from "inequality". One wonders how they can expect to treated as "equal" when they refuse to function on "equal" terms? There are exceptions, of course....but, generally speaking, I can't avoid thinking that, if they represent the "99%", then God help the country.

"Gimme gimme" sounds like a conservative talking point one might hear on fox "news". "Wanting" health care for all?? yeah that is so selfish. "Wanting" jobs for everyone is so selfish,etc. Arent willing to "expend the effort"?? These people are expending the effort to expose the fact that our present system doesnt work for everyone. It is rigged. Most out there have gone to college or are presently in college. they have shown the initiative, they compete. But in a rigged system we all are screwed. i think they are brave souls out there. They are fighting the good fight that most people dont have the balls to fight!!

PobreCarlos

Nanc, if you like this so much, The withdrawal cards are available at 14 elm st.
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but who or what is "Nanc", and where is "14 elm st" and (assuming it's an address) what is it's significance in the scheme of things? And what on earth do WITHDRAWAL cards hae to do with compleing people to pay you money?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but who or what is "Nanc", and where is "14 elm st" and (assuming it's an address) what is it's significance in the scheme of things? And what on earth do WITHDRAWAL cards hae to do with compleing people to pay you money?

This is a personal attack launched by someone who has been on the inactive roster for far too long and has way too much time on her hands. 14 Elm St is the address for our union local office.

I learned a long time ago that she talks a big game but that there is little substance behind the rhetoric.