Off street driver hires

It's tough to do in my building. We had a pretty decent 10+ year PT sup..kept promising to promote him to full time for the last few years. He finally saw the writing on the wall and tried to go driving. Management gave him the runaround for months...until he quit.
I think it is impossible for a PT sup to go driving anymore. At least in my building. None of the PTers who were promoted to FT management had to drive.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think it is impossible for a PT sup to go driving anymore. At least in my building. None of the PTers who were promoted to FT management had to drive.
Up until a few years ago, I've seen PT sups go driving for 30 days to get promoted to FT management. Not sure if it's still a requirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He applied for the promotion. He wasn't the first choice---the first guy could not get his Visa paperwork (Canada) done in time---but it has worked out well so far.

You should have seen this Texas transplant try to deal with his first Upstate NY winter. : )

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes. Our new on-car was a preload sup in Houston. He went to driving school and learned the rest on the job.

He is still learning.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I teach our newest driver sup something new almost daily.

Everytime I say. What they didn't teach you that at intergad?

His reply is always hell no

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The on-car in question was "trained" by a center manager who is no longer with the company so he is having to "re-learn" his job.

I give him credit in that he does listen to the older guys.

Sent using BrownCafe App