off the street Package Delivery Driver

Jake-up

hello,

I've been getting a lot of conflicting information on this and was wondering if anyone knows the answer. I was hired off the street for package delivery (part-time)and my first day of work was the day after memorial day this year.

being that I'm off the street and never worked inside previous to hiring as PDL, when do I start 4 year progression to top rate? obviously I am reg temp, but I have 2 other friends that i know are at top rate now (one of them) and other will be hitting top rate this September and both are reg-temp.

supervisor(and several other ups people I've talked to) said I will hit top rate in 4 years. our HR person, said something about not being eligible for contractual raises until I'm full time.

I dont know where else to go for this info and was hoping for clarity.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
hello,

I've been getting a lot of conflicting information on this and was wondering if anyone knows the answer. I was hired off the street for package delivery (part-time)and my first day of work was the day after memorial day this year.

being that I'm off the street and never worked inside previous to hiring as PDL, when do I start 4 year progression to top rate? obviously I am reg temp, but I have 2 other friends that i know are at top rate now (one of them) and other will be hitting top rate this September and both are reg-temp.

supervisor(and several other ups people I've talked to) said I will hit top rate in 4 years. our HR person, said something about not being eligible for contractual raises until I'm full time.

I dont know where else to go for this info and was hoping for clarity.
Check to see if you are seasonal. Some places allow a summer time seasonal period. If you are, you’ll need to qualify sometime after Labor Day. Other than that, find the guy named Stu tomorrow morning and ask him. Good luck.

Box Ox

our HR person, said something about not being eligible for contractual raises until I'm full time.

Looks like HR bagged another one. You’ll probably be offered a 22.4 position eventually if the Contract pushes through as-is. Worked up to your DOT hour limit regularly and discarded when you’ve had enough. They’re keeping you in-orbit as a seasonal in the meantime.

Jake-up

Looks like HR bagged another one. You’ll probably be offered a 22.4 position eventually if the Contract pushes through as-is. Worked up to your DOT hour limit regularly and discarded when you’ve had enough. They’re keeping you in-orbit as a seasonal in the meantime.
do you mind elaborating on what a 22.4 position is?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
also none of these have come close to answering my original question
This will answer everything!

proxy-18.gif

Box Ox

dont you have some inside work to do for peanuts and pennies, dirtbag?

Easy there. Your only way to remain with UPS might be as a PT insider if UPS ends up telling you that you are indeed only a seasonal driver. Might be into the center or hub for you after everybody gets back from summer vacations.

Jake-up

Easy there. Your only way to remain with UPS might be as a PT insider if UPS ends up telling you that you are indeed only a seasonal driver. Might be into the center or hub for you after everybody gets back from summer vacations.

I'd go back to a real job. Won't be working inside.

Jake-up

again. not a seasonal driver. personally know people in management.

Jake-up

Not trying to be rude, but why are you asking questions here if you're so well-connected?
they're not in hr and dont have answers to exact pay progression. friends with 6 drivers before I joined and all have given different renditions of occurs before one reaches top rate. HR girl is clueless. no where else to ask.

Box Ox

they're not in hr and dont have answers to exact pay progression. friends with 6 drivers before I joined and all have given different renditions of occurs before one reaches top rate. HR girl is clueless. no where else to ask.

Alrighty. Let us know how things ended up.