OK TO INFECT OTHERS IN TAMPA

Box Ox

Social distancing is 6 ft. So how is attending services where everyone is 6 ft apart dangerous? And please don't tell me everyone is observing those rules in supermarkets.

T/friend- Calling for 6ft of social distancing will or will not prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the churchgoing public? I’m going to refer back to this question in the coming weeks and months to review the results.

What do you think will happen?

vantexan

T/friend- Calling for 6ft of social distancing will or will not prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the churchgoing public? I’m going to refer back to this question in the coming weeks and months to review the results.

What do you think will happen?
I'm not attending either. But if people want to I don't see how it's any worse than a supermarket and probably considerably safer. When I was recently in Albania they shut down all restaurants, bars, coffeehouses, taxis, and even driving around in private cars. But supermarkets were packed. I understand the need for distancing, but making sure everyone who's infected are jammed in with everyone else in much smaller supermarkets than what we have seemed to defeat the purpose.

Returntosender

Social distancing is 6 ft. So how is attending services where everyone is 6 ft apart dangerous? And please don't tell me everyone is observing those rules in supermarkets.
3FBF5EC6-EEF2-4880-A47D-34CC055F76A1.jpeg

supermarket allow x number people in at a time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Three in the building live-streaming to the other four at their homes?

They have had a quite a few watching------most watch it "live" while others watch it "on demand". They upload the bulletin and do a pretty good job. I hope that they continue to do this after we return to "normal" as there are shut-ins who are unable to participate on a regular basis.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My daughter told me last night that there are 4 counties around metro Dallas / Ft. Worth area that still allow church services. She is pissed off about how stupid those bible thumping Texans can be sometimes.
Local bars should become religious.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
They have had a quite a few watching------most watch it "live" while others watch it "on demand". They upload the bulletin and do a pretty good job. I hope that they continue to do this after we return to "normal" as there are shut-ins who are unable to participate on a regular basis.
We've done it for a couple years now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We've done it for a couple years now.

Our church also does Bible Study groups. The men's group usually meets on Saturday mornings between 7:30 and 9 am. We have breakfast for the first half hour and then someone leads the discussion for the last hour. Due to the crisis, we can no longer meet in person, we have our first Zoom Bible Study this morning. It was different but in time I think it could be an adequate substitute for the real thing.

cachmeifucan

If they all sit six feet apart what's the problem?
Sneezes and coughing actually goes around 20 feet. I love Jesus but I'm definitely not going to church. Part of me says let them stay open so they can be with Jesus. Anyone still going to church deserve whatever they get. Some loons are worried about their constitutional rights. Definitely keep the mosque open too both can be with their god

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Stop going to gay theaters then.

But seriously, 6 ft apart and every other row with multiple services should satisfy you non-church goers who want to control everything Christians do.

You seem to know a lot about gay theaters, van. In a rather unfortunate incident, a choir in Washington State met back in early March, well before the social distancing directive. 60 people showed up for practice, and they used hand sanitizer, did not hug or shake hands, but did not have a 6 foot separation. Nobody had symptoms, and everybody thought they were being safe.

Last I heard, 45 of them have Covid-19 and 2 died. Nobody wants to take your religion away, sir. We'd just like you to be smart about it and not congregate in-person right now.

Pastor Spell has a church you can attend BTW. Got to keep that cash coming in, you know.