Old Contract v. New

BrownHumor

Preloader
Hi all,

I was a preloader up in MA for about a year and a half (08/06-02-08) and just relocated to FLA. I may be starting over here at the Orlando hub.

Can anyone tell me the differences between the old contract I was under and the new one? Any help would be great, I'd hate to dig thru all that legal mumbo-jumbo on my own. :sick:

Thanks!
BH

Oh dude, you're screwed. Start at $8.50, no benefits for a year and a half, split raises. You'd be better off working at Disney.

BrownHumor

Preloader
Actually, just got word that the new p.o.s. contract doesn't start until August 1. I thought it was April. So bennies start after 60 days, not a year plus. Phew!

Yeah, I knew about Mr. P. I'll just follow the same advice I heard when he came to shake things up in my district up north: stay below his radar. :angry:

Now not to go off on a rant but who in there right mind will want to start at UPS when they have to make squat for money AND wait a ridiculously long time for any benefits?!? I know this issue has been discussed to death, but I see big problems getting and keeping good help. Even worse than now, and that's tough to beat.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Exactly , the pay raises start Aug 1st.
All other parts of this contract went into effect last Dec. when it was ratified.
The last ten months of the old contract were voided out.

And yes who would work here now for nothing, basically.

feeder

Central Pa Member
Oh dude, you're screwed. Start at $8.50, no benefits for a year and a half, split raises. You'd be better off working at Disney.

IF YOU GET YOUR SENORITY BEFORE AUG 1, 2008 YOU FINE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE CURRENT CONTRACT, BUT AFTER AUG 1, 2008, YOU'RE SCREWEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD!!!

ncamara

IF YOU GET YOUR SENORITY BEFORE AUG 1, 2008 YOU FINE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE CURRENT CONTRACT, BUT AFTER AUG 1, 2008, YOU'RE SCREWEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD!!!

Are you sure? I thought that you followed the new contract info as soon as it was ratified. The only difference is the pay stuff isn't enacted until Aug 1. If so, then now would be the time to get hired for part-time, because you would still be able to get your health insurance instead of waiting for 1 1/2 years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Dear Feeder , you are mistaken.
When the voting ended and this contract was ratified last Dec. 2007 it became our current contract. The old contract that was to expire on Aug 1st, 2008 was ended.
Under our current contract all parts of the new deal except raises is in effect.
Thus starting pay of $8.50 / hr & the loooong wait for health coverage is true.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Feeder is actually right.

All part-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1,
2008 will receive the

following general wage increases for each contract year. In each of the years, the increase shall be
paid in two (2) equal installments. The first-half of the increase shall become effective on August 1
of the specified year. The second half of the increase shall become effective on February 1 of the

following calendar year. The total wage increase for each year will be as follows:

Ft language is the same and as you can see at the beginning of the sentence in the contract it says ".......attained seniority as of Aug 1. 2008......."​