542thruNthru

I am so old school, most of you in this forum are snow flakes.......:thumbup1:

You should have been here when nothing before 1030 was here. He was old school also. Some thing tells me you guys had a lot in common.

(Sits on the floor cross legged)
Tell us all about UPS Grandpa!!!

NO ONE CARES!!!!!

Slow walker

I remember driving a PC with a wooden bulkhead door and didn't have power steering for at least my first 10 years. I didn't get an automatic till I'd been driving 18 years.

rod

Retired 22 years
Old school is any @rod delivery!

Old school is jumping into your P-400 and driving away because they weren't even equipped with seatbelts.

Old school is turning in you delivery records after a day of delivering in the rain and they look like wet tissue paper.

Old school is seeing hundreds of wet delivery records spread out around the building where they are trying to get them dried out before they forward them on to Minneapolis.

Old school is driving 142 miles one way 5 nights a week hauling maybe 1 or 2 packages and coming back empty most nights for a couple of weeks. (did that when UPS first started delivering to North & South Dakota)

Old school is taking your new wife with you on your night run to Fargo and doing "it" in a UPS truck.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Old school is jumping into your P-400 and driving away because they weren't even equipped with seatbelts.

Old school is turning in you delivery records after a day of delivering in the rain and they look like wet tissue paper.

Old school is seeing hundreds of wet delivery records spread out around the building where they are trying to get them dried out before they forward them on to Minneapolis.

Old school is driving 142 miles one way 5 nights a week hauling maybe 1 or 2 packages and coming back empty most nights for a couple of weeks. (did that when UPS first started delivering to North & South Dakota)

Old school is taking your new wife with you on your night run to Fargo and doing "it" in a UPS truck.
Was “it” lunch? Or stealing time? ;)

reginald95

Yeah man real hard delivering your 100 packages a day with a 50 pound limit. Also was really hard delivering NDA by 12pm. Having 3-4 hours of downtime till you had your pick ups. Real hard.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yeah man real hard delivering your 100 packages a day with a 50 pound limit. Also was really hard delivering NDA by 12pm. Having 3-4 hours of downtime till you had your pick ups. Real hard.
Lol. You forgot all the cash COD's, being on paper, no driver release, indirects left and right, having to know area codes, sorting the truck, third copy deliveries, pickup logs, etc...

rod

Retired 22 years

What are you talking about? There was no NDA. And sometimes we had two 50 lb. boxes. Oh the inhumanity of it all.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am so old school, most of you in this forum are snow flakes.......:thumbup1:

Ok

6jgahx.jpg