Old UPS Van For Sale On Ebay

oldupsman

Some of the old P400's were Fords but we also had Internationals. I think they all had that tray where you were supposed to put your next few stops.

The bullet shaped 400's were Fords and the square ones were Internationals. I drove a 400 Ford for years.
Blew up the last one we had in the building coming in one night. They were great with a full set of chains in the snow.
Sucker would go anywhere.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The bullet shaped 400's were Fords and the square ones were Internationals. I drove a 400 Ford for years.
Blew up the last one we had in the building coming in one night. They were great with a full set of chains in the snow.
And no governors ... it's a wonder I did not get a ticket going to-from area.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Weren't the Internationals called a P-450?
Not many memory cells still alive from that period.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It seems like there were P-350s and P-400s still in Atlanta when I started in 1975. I worked irregulars on the Midnight Sort and we had an old one that was painted yellow with a windshield out that we drove around the Hub. It was slightly better than to push carts around the building before we got the electric trains.

oldupsman

Weren't the Internationals called a P-450?
Not many memory cells still alive from that period.

We called both 400's. We also had International P-300's. They looked just like the 400 only shorter.

I think the old Ford Econoline bubbletop vans were P300's.

Don't think I ever saw one of them. I least I don't remember. When I started the we had almost all 400's and 600's
with a couple of 800's.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It seems like there were P-350s and P-400s still in Atlanta when I started in 1975. I worked irregulars on the Midnight Sort and we had an old one that was painted yellow with a windshield out that we drove around the Hub. It was slightly better than to push carts around the building before we got the electric trains.
I remember that one as a Grumman P-350.

Over 70

Speaking of POS pkg cars. They've been taking pics of drivers with their cars at start time to show what pieces of :censored2: they are for upper management. Apparently there's some push to re-evaluate the appearance of the vehicles.