On workers comp for 3 months. My Teamcare was cut off.

I'm in the central region. Isn't UPS is responsible for paying for my Teamcare for up to 1 year while off due to a work related injury?

Found out recently that my Teamcare is not active. How should I word this greviance? Should I file a harassment greviance too? I certainly feel that management purposely cut off my insurance to mess with me.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm in the central region. Isn't UPS is responsible for paying for my Teamcare for up to 1 year while off due to a work related injury?

Found out recently that my Teamcare is not active. How should I word this greviance? Should I file a harassment greviance too? I certainly feel that management purposely cut off my insurance to mess with me.
You should not have lost your benefits. Did you reach out to management and ask them what’s going on?

DriverNerd

This happens sometimes when there's a lack of paperwork being filed between Teamcare, UPS and Liberty Mutual. It's going to take about 10 phone calls to get it fixed. Just call everyone over and over. One will blame the other, the next will blame another, etc until someone actually knows what's missing and fixes it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The problem could be that your management team coded you wrong. Happens a lot ...A couple of years ago I got booted off Team-care when my OMS did not schedule me off on a switched Vacation week. I did not know about it for almost a month, Team-care sent a collection notice I had to pay 450 in order to be covered for that week..apparently their is no safety net for administrative mistakes even for their long time members.

I was not too happy about it...called the Team-care hotline and straighten it out...In order to be covered for that week I had to burn an option day for that disputed week.

With the HR departments gone all of us will have to rely on those third parties and your managers. It is easy to forgotten, learn to follow up and expect screw ups...the new normal...

Johney

I agree you were likely coded wrong. Have you gone to the time card viewer lately and seen how your time is coded? That could determine who you need to call first

rod

Retired 22 years
If I remember correct UPS would pick it up for a year and the Union would do a year. 2 year max.

Johney

If I remember correct UPS would pick it up for a year and the Union would do a year. 2 year max.
Not here. 1 year for healthcare coverage and 2 years max for pay. It was always funny to see the comp milkers come back right at a year.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not here. 1 year for healthcare coverage and 2 years max for pay. It was always funny to see the comp milkers come back right at a year.
We had a guy who probably missed half of his peak seasons on comp. Just like clockwork you could count on him to be off.