Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Thebrownblob

Maybe. It’s also boomers buying big trucks that will never haul anything in the bed or families buying big SUVs for the two times a year they need to carry more than 5 people.

It blows my mind when I see Chrysler/Ram/Jeep advertising 84 month financing on a vehicle that will fall to pieces before then.
Perhaps but I’m gonna guess most boomers are at that point in life where they can afford that truck if they want it. And I agree with you 100% people that get an 84 month loan on a depreciating asset are burning down their financial house.

rod

Retired 22 years
Boomers ain’t buying them son, we buy sports cars.
I'm even past the "sport car" stage. Right now, I have a 2019 Ford edge that I have to bend like a pretzel to get into and a 2017 3/4 ton Silverado that I have to go mountain climbing to get into. Both of them are a pain. My Harley fits me best.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm even past the "sport car" stage. Right now, I have a 2019 Ford edge that I have to bend like a pretzel to get into and a 2017 3/4 ton Silverado that I have to go mountain climbing to get into. Both of them are a pain. My Harley fits me best.
Plus you can ride your Harley year round there

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
See what these hippie Democrats don't understand is

There's close to 300 million vehicles on the road right now and Tesla produced less than 200,000 cars last year.
At that rate how long would it take to replace all the gasoline powered automobiles and replace them with electric?
Not to mention, even after the cash for clunkers boondoggle, the average age of a car on the road is 12 years.

The most common car loan now is 6 years lol.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Gonna keep everyone broke
Honestly though, it's like the zoomers crying about high house prices and posting historical charts of the increase in prices.

Well guess what, overlay the increase in average square footage over that time frame and you'll see the problem.

Everything is bigger, better, safer, more technologically advanced, more efficient, etc. etc.

Saying cars and housing used to be more affordable isn't an apples to apples comparison. It's really just a bunch of meaningless stats.

Mutineer

Everything is bigger, better, safer, more technologically advanced, more efficient, etc. etc.
Very true.

It wasn't so long ago that product safety was an afterthought. Now it's a priority. Misuse, or not using common-sense won alot of people Darwin Awards. Thinned the herd of idiots.

Now we're crawling with idiots. See what happens when you meddle with the delicate balance of nature?!
Saying cars and housing used to be more affordable isn't an apples to apples comparison.
I think very many people would gladly trade a 1970 death-trap of a car, and a 1970 toxic crackerbox of a home for the vapor of modern unobtainium.

newolddude

I had an :censored2: supervisor who drove a brand new lifted and loaded truck. He had to
-remind everyone he paid over $50,000 for it and then put nearly $10,000 more in to it for lifts, lights and wheels
-then complained about his 45 mile drive and how it took 3 gallons of gas each way

His truck was also bright royal blue with extra chrome so when he was out driving around you could see it a mile away.

rod

Retired 22 years
1655873722333.png

wilberforce15

See what these hippie Democrats don't understand is

There's close to 300 million vehicles on the road right now and Tesla produced less than 200,000 cars last year.
At that rate how long would it take to replace all the gasoline powered automobiles and replace them with electric?
The fault is yours. Even the most ambitious Dem plans involve half of new sales being EV in like 10 years. Everyone knows the time line for total replacement is many decades.