Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is set to release figures regarding crashes involving collisions involving self-driving cars
  • In a separate report last week the agency said it had documented more than 200 crashes involving Teslas that were using 'Full Self-Driving' systems
  • NHTSA's investigation of Teslas on Autopilot collisions found that Tesla's crash rate per 1,000 vehicles was substantially higher than the corresponding numbers for other automakers

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I hear they’re great in a rear in collision as well
17FDD535-39D9-44E8-8E66-4BD64872FB3B.gif

newolddude

Friend of mine has had an EV for a couple years. For commuting 50 miles round trip, grocery getting, and errand running it's worked out very well. His ownership of this vehicle has also provided me with just cause to refer to him as a hippie.

This is because every evening, it gets charged in his garage.

For a long distance destination, even with planning for charging stations in mind, you should also have plans "B" and "C".

For now.
I don't see the problem with having an electric vehicle as a second car for a family.

Mutineer

a Pinto underneath

For it's intended use, the Pinto was not a bad vehicle.

Like many vehicles of the era, they were ruined by wonky, problematic emissions equipment.

The little 4-bangers were made in Germany. They are very good engines. The carbs were also terrible. Remove the emissions equipment replace and tune the carb with anything that will bolt on.

Sometime in '84, I helped my neighbor cram a 289 4v into a Pinto. He was far more knowledgeable than I was. I mostly held things, and handed him tools and beer. He had to fabricate engine perches. I also remember having to remove the engine-driven fan, and cramming in an electric one.

Upon completion, it was a giggle inducing eye opening ride!

oldngray

nowhere special
For it's intended use, the Pinto was not a bad vehicle.

Like many vehicles of the era, they were ruined by wonky, problematic emissions equipment.

The little 4-bangers were made in Germany. They are very good engines. The carbs were also terrible. Remove the emissions equipment replace and tune the carb with anything that will bolt on.

Sometime in '84, I helped my neighbor cram a 289 4v into a Pinto. He was far more knowledgeable than I was. I mostly held things, and handed him tools and beer. He had to fabricate engine perches. I also remember having to remove the engine-driven fan, and cramming in an electric one.

Upon completion, it was a giggle inducing eye opening ride!
The biggest problems with cars like that was they were so underpowered to people used to driving big V-8's