Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Mmmm, surrrrre I’ll believe it when I see one last a million miles with no problems or degradation.
10% or so degradation at 2 million miles is the general consensus, with a standard deviation of 5%.

So, my cybertruck will still have 400 mile range after your kid's hip replacement has bit the dust.

Non liberal

What is theoretical is that battery (whichever one we’re talking about) being used in that heavy truck doing “truck” things and how many years it will last.

Gotta Go

1663816485406.png

wilberforce15

What is theoretical is that battery (whichever one we’re talking about) being used in that heavy truck doing “truck” things and how many years it will last.
Cycles are cycles. That's how batteries work. The battery doesn't care. And testing does it fast, because ain't nobody got time to cycle slowly. So, it naturally simulates high-stress work.

These have been routinely tested at 15,000 cycles will well below 10% degradation. That's a million + miles without even thinking about it.

Non liberal

10% or so degradation at 2 million miles is the general consensus, with a standard deviation of 5%.

So, my cybertruck will still have 400 mile range after your kid's hip replacement has bit the dust.
I’m not sure what world you are currently living in. Think about that for a moment bern, you think that Mr musk is going to produce such a kick ass vehicle that is going to last anywhere near 2 million miles, with cheap electricity to power it, make a vehicle that is going to outlast all other vehicles ever made by at least double the maximum lifespan? That would put way too much money into the pockets of everyday citizens. Companies just don’t do that, there is a catch to everything. They don’t make something that good, it would literally put them out of business.

Non liberal

Cycles are cycles. That's how batteries work. The battery doesn't care. And testing does it fast, because ain't nobody got time to cycle slowly. So, it naturally simulates high-stress work.

These have been routinely tested at 15,000 cycles will well below 10% degradation. That's a million + miles without even thinking about it.
No, I don’t think so. Not going to happen.

wilberforce15

I’m not sure what world you are currently living in. Think about that for a moment bern, you think that Mr musk is going to produce such a kick ass vehicle that is going to last anywhere near 2 million miles, with cheap electricity to power it, make a vehicle that is going to outlast all other vehicles ever made by at least double the maximum lifespan? That would put way too much money into the pockets of everyday citizens. Companies just don’t do that, there is a catch to everything. They don’t make something that good, it would literally put them out of business.
And you wonder why the left hates him more than the right does?

He opens during covid, believes underpopulation of the earth is a problem, and isn't unionized as an American car-maker.
That's why he's excluded from all kinds of tax breaks, incentives, and subsidies that the "Big" 3 get. (the big 3 are all smaller than Tesla and Tesla could buy them any time, so I put it in quotes).

They hate him so much that they made Tesla's environmental and social responsibility score lower than Exxon's.

wilberforce15

Cybertruck, c-y-b-e-r-t-r-u-c-k, cybertruck, where is it, with this battery, doing towing, hauling, doing truck things?
I already told you.
A trillion dollar business is a business. They are battery-constrained. That means all of production is limited by however many batteries there are.

You can make two Model 3's for 50k each for the same number of batteries as a 60k cybertruck.

They are doubling production every year, and the line is longer than it ever has been. That can't quite be called their fault, except for being too much in demand.

They're scaling faster than Henry Ford and have the 3 most advanced auto plants in the world, and designed their own batteries and battery plants.

They're worth a trillion and you hadn't heard of them ten years ago.

Give them a second. lol.

wilberforce15

So, you seem dissatisfied to know that million-mile SUVs are currently on the road, and demand to know when million-mile trucks will be.

Get a model Y and shave the roof off if you're that desperate.

Non liberal

So, you seem dissatisfied to know that million-mile SUVs are currently on the road, and demand to know when million-mile trucks will be.

Get a model Y and shave the roof off if you're that desperate.
I’m just confused, I haven’t found a million mile ev yet that hasn’t had a battery swap.

Non liberal

I already told you.
A trillion dollar business is a business. They are battery-constrained. That means all of production is limited by however many batteries there are.

You can make two Model 3's for 50k each for the same number of batteries as a 60k cybertruck.

They are doubling production every year, and the line is longer than it ever has been. That can't quite be called their fault, except for being too much in demand.

They're scaling faster than Henry Ford and have the 3 most advanced auto plants in the world, and designed their own batteries and battery plants.

They're worth a trillion and you hadn't heard of them ten years ago.

Give them a second. lol.
Plenty of these though, lol

Attachments

• FE00D3FE-EDAC-44D7-A0B9-09A18245E9A5.png
    FE00D3FE-EDAC-44D7-A0B9-09A18245E9A5.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 33

vantexan

You mean 1500 cycles and 300,000-500,000 miles. When the latest generation of batteries have been around long enough for owners to go well above 500k then you'll have something.