Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Think about what you are asking, supposedly non-liberal. You are asking Toyota to have connection to your device, and an immobilizer in your device, and to voluntarily decide not to be able to immobilize it.

When everything they need to have that power is already in place. And you think that they just chose not to have that ability out of the goodness of their hearts.

What an adorably liberal thing to think. Yes, Big Brother technology and big business do have your best interest in mind. Lol

Commercial Inside Release

Rental cars and sleazy high-interest rate, ghetto used car lots have been disabling vehicles since the invention of On-Star and it's peers. A couple decades, already?

Tesla on the other hand, plans on starting their stolen cars, and having them self-drive, back to the factory.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Rental cars and sleazy high-interest rate, ghetto used car lots have been disabling vehicles since the invention of On-Star and it's peers. A couple decades, already?

Tesla on the other hand, plans on starting their stolen cars, and having them self-drive, back to the factory.
Will they stop and recharge themselves on their way back ?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Here is a decent article about something that was bragged about in here.. there is a lot of damage to these cars if they are ever drivin I water a little higher then the bottom door.

wilberforce15

Will they stop and recharge themselves on their way back ?
WhatHisFace joked about how for a Tesla's price point, it better come to you when you whistle. He didn't know that it can.

Your joke about stopping to recharge themselves is also real or will be soon.

There will be multi-million mile robotaxis that stop to charge themselves, work 22-23 hours per day, and take you anywhere for 10-20 cents a mile (cheaper than owning a used beater car). Adding in a waypoint between trips to stop at a charger is pretty trivial.

wilberforce15

Here is a decent article about something that was bragged about in here.. there is a lot of damage to these cars if they are ever drivin I water a little higher then the bottom door.

Yes, they get through flood better than any type of vehicle, but like all vehicles, you probably shouldn't buy one from somebody else that has.

The claims were safety-oriented. An EV is absolutely the best choice to deal with heavy flooding.

And it is.

Non liberal

Think about what you are asking, supposedly non-liberal. You are asking Toyota to have connection to your device, and an immobilizer in your device, and to voluntarily decide not to be able to immobilize it.

When everything they need to have that power is already in place. And you think that they just chose not to have that ability out of the goodness of their hearts.

What an adorably liberal thing to think. Yes, Big Brother technology and big business do have your best interest in mind. Lol
You’re missing the point, if the key fob is in the vehicle, the immobilizer does not work. The chip in the fob communicates with the truck, disabling the immobilizer. Again, nice try bern, I think you really did think you had me there. Lol, silly liberal

wilberforce15

You’re missing the point, if the key fob is in the vehicle, the immobilizer does not work. The chip in the fob communicates with the truck, disabling the immobilizer. Again, nice try bern, I think you really did think you had me there. Lol, silly liberal
Yes I understand that's precisely how it works. And Toyota is able to make that work differently because it's all connected to them. They can flip a button and the presence of your fob doesn't matter.

Non liberal

Yes I understand that's precisely how it works. And Toyota is able to make that work differently because it's all connected to them. They can flip a button and the presence of your fob doesn't matter.
Lol, no they can’t. The technology is already in the truck. If a thief stole my key fob and then my truck, I would be shot out of luck. Nothing I or Toyota could do about it.

wilberforce15

No, they can’t. They would need the code off of my master key in order to deactivate any fobs. And the code is physically encrypted onto the key. So…
And who gave you the key?

Since you are not convinced a very obvious and documented things you're never going to be able to logically conclude things that are less than obvious.

wilberforce15

This guy's case is that Toyota designed, or supervised the design, manufactured, or supervised the manufacture, and distributed, or supervise the distribution of, a key fob and all its components, and they can't control what's going on.