Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

vantexan

Duh, numbnuts, but horses could laugh at their superiority over the car in certain functions for a few decades after that.

Just like you dinosaurs will be laughing at EVs about a few narrow things they can't do even after EVs take over.

Do you need more reading and logic lessons, or was that enough?
Try to cover for yourself all you want but saying that horses were superior to cars until 1940 is ridiculous. Obviously history isn't your strong suit. But please, prove me wrong. You never specified "in certain functions." You said that "from 1900-1940 the dinosaur horses could still laugh at the self powered wagon." The one thing that springs to mind is herding cattle. But overall? WWI was the last major war that used horse calvary. Which was proven obsolete. But please, elaborate how horses were superior. Please show us how in cities like NYC there was still a sizeable herd plodding the streets. A handful of cops on horseback in Central Park hardly qualifies. Come on, double down.

wilberforce15

Try to cover for yourself all you want but saying that horses were superior to cars until 1940 is ridiculous. Obviously history isn't your strong suit. But please, prove me wrong. You never specified "in certain functions." You said that "from 1900-1940 the dinosaur horses could still laugh at the self powered wagon." The one thing that springs to mind is herding cattle. But overall? WWI was the last major war that used horse calvary. Which was proven obsolete. But please, elaborate how horses were superior. Please show us how in cities like NYC there was still a sizeable herd plodding the streets. A handful of cops on horseback in Central Park hardly qualifies. Come on, double down.
Horses were superior to cars at SOME things through the 40s, and they would grasp at straws to still laugh at them.
Kinda like EVs are outright better than gas at MOST things, and you dinosaurs still grasp at straws to point out wherever they aren't better yet.

vantexan

Horses were superior to cars at SOME things through the 40s, and they would grasp at straws to still laugh at them.
Kinda like EVs are outright better than gas at MOST things, and you dinosaurs still grasp at straws to point out wherever they aren't better yet.
LOL, as I pointed out horses can still do some things well. Like herding cattle. Have seen men do that in Kansas and Oklahoma. But your blanket statement until 1940 doesn't hold up. Let's be honest, being a younger man who's full of himself you assumed in the ancient 1930's that it was so. My grandfather collected old cars. Really old cars. They could do over 60 mph and climb hills. No one was shouting "get a horse" in the 20's and 30's unless they were touched in the head.

vantexan

Horses are still better at some things. Go to rural VT and watch horses help with the syrup harvest where no tractor can go.
We're talking modes of transportation, not tasks on a farm. And ATV's have supplanted horses for a lot of those tasks. The thing with you know-it-all's is give you enough rope and you eventually hang yourself. You just can't help it.

wilberforce15

LOL, as I pointed out horses can still do some things well. Like herding cattle. Have seen men do that in Kansas and Oklahoma. But your blanket statement until 1940 doesn't hold up. Let's be honest, being a younger man who's full of himself you assumed in the ancient 1930's that it was so. My grandfather collected old cars. Really old cars. They could do over 60 mph and climb hills. No one was shouting "get a horse" in the 20's and 30's unless they were touched in the head.
It holds up fine. You just still can't read.

The number of tasks at which EVs aren't superior will shrink every year. And you guys will desperately and bitterly cling to those until you die.

wilberforce15

We're talking modes of transportation, not tasks on a farm. And ATV's have supplanted horses for a lot of those tasks. The thing with you know-it-all's is give you enough rope and you eventually hang yourself. You just can't help it.
You genuinely don't even understand my point. So you cannot judge my point, because you clearly cannot even read what it is.

vantexan

It holds up fine. You just still can't read.

The number of tasks at which EVs aren't superior will shrink every year. And you guys will desperately and bitterly cling to those until you die.
The only thing your Tesla has on a Prius is acceleration. With the cost savings of a Prius I'll live with puttering.around.

vantexan

You genuinely don't even understand my point. So you cannot judge my point, because you clearly cannot even read what it is.
Oh I get it alright. You made the blanket statement that horses were superior to cars until after 1940. When called on it you started talking about specific tasks that have nothing to do with everyday transport. You said cars in that period couldn't climb hills like horses. If you're fine with your Tesla more power to you. But in your zeal to justify your purchase you made a really dumb statement. And rather than admit it you go on the attack. The arrogance of youth on full display.

Non liberal

No, you actually don't. Free will does not mean doing whatever you want, if your will is not free and you're not able to do what you don't want. This is about a dozen levels above your head.
Yes it does, that is the only way true love can exist. You literally have free will to do whatever you want, then you face the consequences for your actions. He doesn’t force anyone to believe in him, because then you wouldn’t actually believe in him. Understand?

wilberforce15

Yes it does, that is the only way true love can exist. You literally have free will to do whatever you want, then you face the consequences for your actions. He doesn’t force anyone to believe in him, because then you wouldn’t actually believe in him. Understand?
I didn't deny the existence of free will. I stated firmly that you have no idea what it is. You've never read a thing on the subject, and it shows.

Non liberal

No, you actually don't. Free will does not mean doing whatever you want, if your will is not free and you're not able to do what you don't want. This is about a dozen levels above your head.
It is free, and you are able to do what you don’t want. Ultimately you can choose to not do what you don’t want to. Where is your argument?

Non liberal

I didn't deny the existence of free will. I stated firmly that you have no idea what it is. You've never read a thing on the subject, and it shows.
It’s not something that is hard to understand, I don’t have to read anything written on free will because I’m not gullible enough to believe that I have to read to understand what free will is.