Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

You said the weight is dangerous. It's not. There are tons of heavier vehicles out there, and the size doesn't make a difference.

Teslas are barely above the average weight of vehicles on the road, lol. They might even be under.
Not all vehicles on the road are as heavy as half ton pickup trucks. Pickups are a small portion of what’s on the road. How ever when most of the light little petrol cars get replaced with heavy evs, and when all the irresponsible high school kids start buying the used evs and wrecking with them, on road casualties will sky rocket because they are heavier vehicles.

wilberforce15

Not all vehicles on the road are as heavy as half ton pickup trucks. Pickups are a small portion of what’s on the road. How ever when most of the light little petrol cars get replaced with heavy evs, and when all the irresponsible high school kids start buying the used evs and wrecking with them, on road casualties will sky rocket because they are heavier vehicles.
By the time that happens the cars will be driving themselves anyway

wilberforce15

My grandchildren are going to have to read about car wrecks in their history books, and it will strike them as insane that human beings were ever allowed to guide tons of metal at that pace near each other.

wilberforce15

No they won’t. You’ll have a choice to drive. And these kids will continue to be irresponsible.
I will have a choice to drive. But eventually, nobody will. Or almost no one. That's because a computer will have a zero accident per hundred million miles driven rate. And humans will still suck at driving. You won't be able to be insured to drive yourself.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
It is luxury based on price point and what it competes against for buyers. Consumers choose between it and other luxury cars, so it gets classified as luxury. Because all Tesla's are so awesome, that they compete well above their feature or trim level
Hey, upstate. Is this kind of attitude why you wife left? Just curious.

Non liberal

I will have a choice to drive. But eventually, nobody will. Or almost no one. That's because a computer will have a zero accident per hundred million miles driven rate. And humans will still suck at driving. You won't be able to be insured to drive yourself.
Won’t ever happen. There is no possible way to account for all the different scenarios that pop up while driving. Insurance reasons will make sure someone is always in the drivers seat, even if it’s a just in case type deal.

wilberforce15

Won’t ever happen. There is no possible way to account for all the different scenarios that pop up while driving. Insurance reasons will make sure someone is always in the drivers seat, even if it’s a just in case type deal.
The human is the weakest link in the chain, and that most driving tasks for most people, artificial intelligence is already better than you are.

wilberforce15

I also like how the crash test argument went completely opposite of how it started.

The first objection was that Teslas are too heavy and thus dangerous. And then after I proved that false, the argument changed to Teslas crumpling too much.

So, they went from being a danger to others to being too safe for others.

This is a dead giveaway of desperation.

Non liberal

The human is the weakest link in the chain, and that most driving tasks for most people, artificial intelligence is already better than you are.
Ai currently only knows where it’s going based on the lines on the road. What happens when it snows? No it isn’t, lol you watch too many Elon musk interviews.

Non liberal

My grandchildren are going to have to read about car wrecks in their history books, and it will strike them as insane that human beings were ever allowed to guide tons of metal at that pace near each other.
Yet teslas auto pilot still can’t stop killing people. Dude, read a newspaper every now and then.