Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1667949632313.png

bacha29

0.39% of total sales.
The shift however is clearly underway and as Rusty Braziel pointed out by 2030 consumers will have a competitive alternative to ICE powered cars. Notice I never said that I was a big fan of EV cars but the shift to them is undeniable and I expect that I will own and dry one before I am no longer physically able to drive.

vantexan

The shift however is clearly underway and as Rusty Braziel pointed out by 2030 consumers will have a competitive alternative to ICE powered cars. Notice I never said that I was a big fan of EV cars but the shift to them is undeniable and I expect that I will own and dry one before I am no longer physically able to drive.
0.39%

wilberforce15

Don't be hard on him. Understand, Fox News has got him. All that network does is to instill fear in gullible people and some people do nothing all day but just sit there and watch that so called "news network" .
The first result from a 2 second search of keywords yields the answer. No sympathy.

And Fox viewers are still smarter than the others.

vantexan

Don't be hard on him. Understand, Fox News has got him. All that network does is to instill fear in gullible people and some people do nothing all day but just sit there and watch that so called "news network" .
The so called news network that is now the #1 cable news source for young Democratic adults. They got tired of being lied to by CNN and MSNBC.

wilberforce15

0.39% of this year's Ford sales. Googled it. I got under your narcissistic skin somewhere down the line showing you were wrong about something and you've been wanting to get even ever since.
Ford is utterly irrelevant.

And it's 6% of all sales, mainly because one company is actually good at making them.

Ford can't sell any, can't make any, and passes a few on to customers at a loss. Because Ford sucks.
Ford sucks, and yet even their EV sales are growing. That's the point.

bacha29

You are an idiot, and the size of Ford's particular sales are irrelevant to the point.

Ford's EV segment is growing, despite the fact that they suck. Ford's other sales are dropping, despite the fact that those vehicles are good.
You completely failed to read or understand his point.

It is evidence that EV's will take over when someone who is terrible at making them can grow those sales while losing the sales of things they do well.
When it comes to the growth of EV's all you have to do is to do a Mark Feldt....."Follow the money". Again. I'm not nuts about EV's but one specific aspect about humans stands out.....People do NOT change....They adapt....And they will in the end adapt to a changing mode of transportation.

vantexan

When it comes to the growth of EV's all you have to do is to do a Mark Feldt....."Follow the money". Again. I'm not nuts about EV's but one specific aspect about humans stands out.....People do NOT change....They adapt....And they will in the end adapt to a changing mode of transportation.
And, when the costs of the already expensive needed metals to make EV's go sky high due to demand and shortages causing the already high EV prices to go beyond the reach of most, humans will adapt yet again. That's the fly in the ointment the narcissistic one refuses to admit to.

bacha29

You do know that the industry does the surveys, right?
Right In order to target the audience they want they contract with outside polling and research companies to do the work. And so who did the one that you referred to regarding young Democrats watching Fox News? Whatever the case they must not have bought what Fox was telling them as evidenced by the election results.

bacha29

And, when the costs of the already expensive needed metals to make EV's go sky high due to demand and shortages causing the already high EV prices to go beyond the reach of most, humans will adapt yet again. That's the fly in the ointment the narcissistic one refuses to admit to.
Every comment you make on this site is founded upon your own personal fears and insecurities. If you truly were a conservative you would trust the power of the marketplace itself to make the needed corrections to an emerging new technology. And one of the major cost to building the new cars of tomorrow is microchips. And if you would look at the recent stock performance of the chip makers you would see that it's not going very good for them. And the reason is the current enormous oversupply of microchips used in car manufacturing.

Instead of sitting there all day long being scared by Fox News....all you have to do is.....follow the money.

vantexan

Right In order to target the audience they want they contract with outside polling and research companies to do the work. And so who did the one that you referred to regarding young Democrats watching Fox News? Whatever the case they must not have bought what Fox was telling them as evidenced by the election results.
No, the industry puts out numbers that everyone looks to. You aren't familiar with Nielsen ratings?

vantexan

Every comment you make on this site is founded upon your own personal fears and insecurities. If you truly were a conservative you would trust the power of the marketplace itself to make the needed corrections to an emerging new technology. And one of the major cost to building the new cars of tomorrow is microchips. And if you would look at the recent stock performance of the chip makers you would see that it's not going very good for them. And the reason is the current enormous oversupply of microchips used in car manufacturing.

Instead of sitting there all day long being scared by Fox News....all you have to do is.....follow the money.
I hate to break it to you but I read from a variety of sources plus watch a lot of financial news channels on YouTube. You need to educate yourself about the various metals needed to build an EV and its battery. There's not enough silver in the world to turn our entire fleet in the U.S. into EV's and that's just the U.S. And that's not counting copper, cobalt, lithium, magnesium, platinum, and others. This fantasy that you indulge in is just that, a fantasy. And for the millionth time I'm not against EV's. There are clear advantages to them that the narcissistic one has outlined many times here. There are some disadvantages too but the bottom line is they require both a lot of metals to build them and an electric grid that can support them. Until you figure out those issues they will ultimately be relegated to the rich who can afford them. A lot of people are putting a lot of thought into this and it's intellectually lazy to pass it off as FOX News fear mongering.

There is plenty of oil for now but someday, possibly a couple of centuries from now, mankind will have to face the eventual end of our oil based economy if present day usage continues. We can only hope that issues like carbon emissions, transportation needs, suitable replacements for oil based products(currently 6000 of them) have been resolved. Forcing us headlong into across the board change now without developing the grid needed or developing sustainable sources of raw materials needed will be an economic disaster that will force a lot of people into poverty. That's not fear mongering, that's economic reality.

bacha29

I hate to break it to you but I read from a variety of sources plus watch a lot of financial news channels on YouTube. You need to educate yourself about the various metals needed to build an EV and its battery. There's not enough silver in the world to turn our entire fleet in the U.S. into EV's and that's just the U.S. And that's not counting copper, cobalt, lithium, magnesium, platinum, and others. This fantasy that you indulge in is just that, a fantasy. And for the millionth time I'm not against EV's. There are clear advantages to them that the narcissistic one has outlined many times here. There are some disadvantages too but the bottom line is they require both a lot of metals to build them and an electric grid that can support them. Until you figure out those issues they will ultimately be relegated to the rich who can afford them. A lot of people are putting a lot of thought into this and it's intellectually lazy to pass it off as FOX News fear mongering.

There is plenty of oil for now but someday, possibly a couple of centuries from now, mankind will have to face the eventual end of our oil based economy if present day usage continues. We can only hope that issues like carbon emissions, transportation needs, suitable replacements for oil based products(currently 6000 of them) have been resolved. Forcing us headlong into across the board change now without developing the grid needed or developing sustainable sources of raw materials needed will be an economic disaster that will force a lot of people into poverty. That's not fear mongering, that's economic reality.
Two more centuries of oil? We'll be lucky if we can get two more decades given increased demand. Yes, control of rare earth minerals including those in South America and China which has 70% of them will become a highly competitive and adversarial point of global contention.
Public transportation is without question the future mode of transportation for the bulk of the population. Yes, the rich will likely be the ones with the private cars.....but, what if the evolution of public transportation allows for it to not having to share the roads with those privileged few. They can then pay to for the upkeep of the millions of miles of American highways all by themselves.