Open Defiance of Cannabis Laws Grow

newfie

I'd say they would drive or do drive as much as alcoholics drive.

agreed. so then then question is do we want to create another alcoholic type problem. another problem where weed heads are legally able to get high, can choose to drive and possibly risk the publics well being despite Ittys point that this is problem only affects the user. is it maybe better then people who want to get high have to do so secretively and thus you may have fewer weed heads going public and risking our well being.

MAKAVELI

agreed. so then then question is do we want to create another alcoholic type problem. another problem where weed heads are legally able to get high, can choose to drive and possibly risk the publics well being despite Ittys point that this is problem only affects the user. is it maybe better then people who want to get high have to do so secretively and thus you may have fewer weed heads going public and risking our well being.
People who smoke and drive tend to not care whether it's legal or not just like alcoholics that drink and drive. A DUI no matter what substance carries the same penalty.

wkmac

there are many more that would smoke if it was legal.

That is true so to protect us from people getting stoned, then driving and doing others harm, we should keep cannabis illegal.

This goes back to my earlier point. Why not use that same logic for alcohol? For guns? For anything that can be abused and then harm others? What about prescription drugs that now outnumbers so-called illegal drugs in the way of abuse? Or over the counter drugs that can be used to make meth?

At least be consistent and demand all other potential unsafe actions be illegal too.

BrownArmy

That is true so to protect us from people getting stoned, then driving and doing others harm, we should keep cannabis illegal.

This goes back to my earlier point. Why not use that same logic for alcohol? For guns? For anything that can be abused and then harm others? What about prescription drugs that now outnumbers so-called illegal drugs in the way of abuse? Or over the counter drugs that can be used to make meth?

At least be consistent and demand all other potential unsafe actions be illegal too.

Stop with the logic, it won't help!