Operation shutdown in full effect!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You come across on this forum as a man who has thick skin. My question is what's the problem of you being a shill ? If the shoe fits, wear it and wear it well ! It's sounds like you're whining !

My pet peeve is people using words that they don't know the meaning of, like "shill." No one has asked me to post here. As I've said before, whether or not something is a sound business decision has no bearing on whether or not I personally like it. It's often that I don't, but FedEx isn't going to operate in the best interest of Dan, it's going to do what is in the best long term interest of FedEx. The underlying rationale behind so many of the posts here is "The company is mean! Greedy *&$^*@!" The company is just like the rest of us in more ways than we'd like to admit. I kind of enjoy pointing that out.

Shill? Nah. I like to stir the pot just a bit, poke fun at the more high strung among us, and maybe take some of the edge off of the histrionics when the place starts resembling the old DHL board.

vantexan

My pet peeve is people using words that they don't know the meaning of, like "shill." No one has asked me to post here. As I've said before, whether or not something is a sound business decision has no bearing on whether or not I personally like it. It's often that I don't, but FedEx isn't going to operate in the best interest of Dan, it's going to do what is in the best long term interest of FedEx. The underlying rationale behind so many of the posts here is "The company is mean! Greedy *&$^*@!" The company is just like the rest of us in more ways than we'd like to admit. I kind of enjoy pointing that out.

Shill? Nah. I like to stir the pot just a bit, poke fun at the more high strung among us, and maybe take some of the edge off of the histrionics when the place starts resembling the old DHL board.

"SHRILL" would be more accurate.:sissyfight:

Ricochet1a

Well, let's start off with a definition that everyone can look up for themselves... Wikipedia.

A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization.

Here's another definition I'd use...

A decoy, an individual who willfully misrepresents oneself to one group, to further the goals or agenda of yet another group.

Let's use the duck test here...

Walk test: A person who willfully misrepresents oneself... (Dano59), CHECK!!

Quack test: to one group... (Readers of BC forum)... DOUBLE CHECK!!!

Crap test: to further the goals or agenda of yet another group... (FedEx Corporation). TRIPLE CHECK!!!

The definition is met.

It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and craps like a duck. It's a DUCK!!! Or in this case, a shill. QED

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

In other words, you are a paid stooge, or "shill", or "misinformant". Good try at attempting to portray yourself as one of us. You aren't. How do you sleep at night being part of all of this? Loyal employees are going to have their worlds turned upside-down, and you're on here providing "rationale" for every Fedex Express management move. That is just wrong on so many levels.

59 Dano

Well, let's start off with a definition that everyone can look up for themselves... Wikipedia.

A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization.

I've made no bones about the fact that I'm an Express employee. Looks like you failed! Thank you for playing.

Here's another definition I'd use...

A decoy, an individual who willfully misrepresents oneself to one group, to further the goals or agenda of yet another group

The only goals I wish to further are mine, and my primary allegiance is to me. If a better job opportunity presents itself, Express gets 2 weeks of notice and a job opening to fill. Again, thanks for playing. I've said it before and I'll saying it again; a good business decision is a good business decision regardless of how it affects me personally. If I believe it's a good business decision then I will say as much, regardless of how it affects me.

For some reason, that bugs you and your buddy. Sort it out between yourselves. You guys can continue to get mad at anyone who disagrees with you and your egos.

Last edited:

franknitty

The only goals I wish to further are mine, and my primary allegiance is to me. If a better job opportunity presents itself, Express gets 2 weeks of notice and a job opening to fill. Again, thanks for playing. I've said it before and I'll saying it again; a good business decision is a good business decision regardless of how it affects me personally. If I believe it's a good business decision then I will say as much, regardless of how it affects me.

For some reason, that bugs you and your buddy. Sort it out between yourselves. You guys can continue to get mad at anyone who disagrees with you and your egos.

Dear Mr. 59Dano: Just let it go, okay. Now, what else is going on in your life, beside the fact that you enjoy "towing the company line" ?

59 Dano

In other words, you are a paid stooge, or "shill", or "misinformant". Good try at attempting to portray yourself as one of us. You aren't. How do you sleep at night being part of all of this? Loyal employees are going to have their worlds turned upside-down, and you're on here providing "rationale" for every Fedex Express management move. That is just wrong on so many levels.

No, I say whatever I want. There's not a single person in the entire FedEx corporation that knows I post here. Maybe if they rounded up all the Dan's they'd come up with something. Anyhoodle, Memphis views this board as a bit of a joke. Maybe every now and then they give some bad info to certain people to see if it turns up here so they know who's talking when they shouldn't. Then again, maybe they don't do that at all. The place otherwise serves as an ersatz water cooler to stand near in hopes of hearing something funny.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, I say whatever I want. There's not a single person in the entire FedEx corporation that knows I post here. Maybe if they rounded up all the Dan's they'd come up with something. Anyhoodle, Memphis views this board as a bit of a joke. Maybe every now and then they give some bad info to certain people to see if it turns up here so they know who's talking when they shouldn't. Then again, maybe they don't do that at all. The place otherwise serves as an ersatz water cooler to stand near in hopes of hearing something funny.

BS!!!

Are you talking about the FOP facility down the street? That would be a major shutdown! Any details will be appreciated.
Yes the FOP facility is closing in September, the freight go their will be rerouted to memphis tn
or north carolina. some people are being laid off some coming to the atlanta ramp.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, you say whatevet the company wants you to. Your posts confirm that.