ORION 1.1 - New upgrade

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The upgrade has befuddled our dispatch supe, its a comedy show every morning. We arent pushed on ORION compliance either and i never follow it

bumped

The new upgrade is garbage. It has pickups 6 hours before their scheduled pick up time. I'm 50 minutes behind on my pickups before I punch in, because my lunch/breaks are not figured in.

Browntown2014

My center got the update a couple of weeks ago. ODO now lines up P/U's on the EDD screen in the order to be completed mixed in with delivery stops. I used to see this once in a while on EDD views where a P/U would be on the delivery list but now all P/U's are on the list so that you now know when the P/U breaks are supposed to occur without having to guess or figure out what Orion's plan was.

This was one of the biggest holes in ORION as drivers couldn't see what the intended plan was for breaking off for P/U's. This is particularly helpful if you have a route with like 15+ p/u's and ORION weaves in delivery stops along the P/U path.

This won't make drivers love Orion but it will make them hate it a little less. Have you guys gotten it yet?

Um yeah it's still a mess.

BrownArmy

My Supervisor is confused when I ask him when ORION is coming to our center...

(He doesn't realize I'm on the BC hotline...)

He looks confused and says..."Uhhhhh, uhhh, I'm not sure, we might not get it".

Cheers.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yeah. They tried for one day. Now all of my picks are stacked at the end of the edd list. Most are sucked out by 4:30. Orion is the best

35years

Gravy route
Pickups scheduled after their closing time and/or two hours before their commit time. Great upgrade. Takes all the guesswork out of when I WILL NOT BE doing my pickups.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Orion is a bust. I know there are routes that it has improved, but is that an improvement on the route or the driver. Any driver worth their salt can out perform Orion's metrics. This programs only goal is to increase profit with a reduction of miles regardless of decreased SPORH. With the price of fuel at an record low, is there a threshold that now Orion is actually a financial burden. Is there a point where the increased paid days and decreased SPORH has now overcame the cost of fuel. Seems like a logical question to me. Also I was told last week that as of October EDD will no longer be an option.

a911scanner

How can this be "easier" or a "win" for us? The route that I cover the most has the new Orion solution telling me to do 1630 pups at 1230-1300 in delivery order.

Now, I know this will save miles but how on earth are we to keep customers happy when we start doing the pu at 1230 instead of the 1630 we've been doing for years?

Until Orion can do updates on the fly, show all packages to be delivered to one stop and show multiple delivieries at one address as multiple stops and differentiate between business and residential commits, then it really isn't all that it can be, is it?