Orion 3.0 Disaster.

JJinVA

LOL, so the big Orion 3.0 isn't about Orion?? "Orion" by definition has to do with a computer algorithm generating a route solution. If this aspect doesn't change, then what changes are we talking about?

Supposedly it has AI built into it that learns how you run the route and tries to correct itself? I know whenever I have two deliveries on a dead end street, I always drive to the one furthest away, back up into the driveway (if its clear), turn around and park. Make the delivery furthest away first, then the second one driving out of the dead end to potentially eliminate a back first exception. And I do have to say, Ive noticed it doing that recently but I dont know if thats our dispatcher being smart or the AI

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
LOL, so the big Orion 3.0 isn't about Orion?? "Orion" by definition has to do with a computer algorithm generating a route solution. If this aspect doesn't change, then what changes are we talking about?
It’s supposed to be part of the update eventually but they can’t get phase 1 rolled out right.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
After threatening to file a grievance, I am back on RDO. The job is so much easier when I am not spending 10 hours a day fighting with the DIAD to get the information I need.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
W
After threatening to file a grievance, I am back on RDO. The job is so much easier when I am not spending 10 hours a day fighting with the DIAD to get the information I need.

As a new guy who has only experienced Orion, can you tell me what RDO and ODO stand for and what the difference is? Is one basically just PAL order?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
W

As a new guy who has only experienced Orion, can you tell me what RDO and ODO stand for and what the difference is? Is one basically just PAL order?
RDO is regular delivery order. Composed from a driver with common sense. ODO is Orion delivery order. Composed from a computer system designed by idiots who never delivered a package. Guess which one works better.

soberups

W

RDO displays the stops in your DIAD in numerically sequential (PAL) order. It is the original, static trace that ORION tries and fails to improve upon. We used to be able to turn ORION off at will, the company took that ability away from us on 8-1-18 in order to force ORION down our throats.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
RDO displays the stops in your DIAD in numerically sequential (PAL) order. It is the original, static trace that ORION tries and fails to improve upon. We used to be able to turn ORION off at will, the company took that ability away from us on 8-1-18 in order to force ORION down our throats.

It would make too much sense to let us see what’s actually in our truck in the order that it is in there.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
That is great you were able to get RDO
What was the grievance you were about to file

soberups

Was it the stupidity of ORION making you drive past stops so you can deliver them by having to cross the street
I threatened to follow ORION which would result in service failures and running out of fuel.
I was instructed not to follow ORION, and to use my area knowledge and best judgement in order to make service on all the packages.
My response was that instructing me to use my best judgement and holding me accountable for service failures while at the same time intentionally crippling my ability to use my best judgement by hiding RDO and blocking me from being able to see a coherent manifest constituted over supervision and harassment which is an article 37 violation. They cant have it both ways. There is also a past practice of turning ORION off and restoring RDO when requested. It became apparent to them that I wasnt going to stop bitching about it and that it would just be a lot simpler for them to shut me up by turning ORION off. Problem solved.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I threatened to follow ORION which would result in service failures and running out of fuel.
I was instructed not to follow ORION, and to use my area knowledge and best judgement in order to make service on all the packages.
My response was that instructing me to use my best judgement and holding me accountable for service failures while at the same time intentionally crippling my ability to use my best judgement by hiding RDO and blocking me from being able to see a coherent manifest constituted over supervision and harassment which is an article 37 violation. They cant have it both ways. There is also a past practice of turning ORION off and restoring RDO when requested. It became apparent to them that I wasnt going to stop bitching about it and that it would just be a lot simpler for them to shut me up by turning ORION off. Problem solved.
Thanks for the info I may give that a try