Orion 3.0 Disaster.

rocket man

We don't have 3.0 but i know drivers were taking lunch after their return to building time so they said that can't happen anymore. I guess it depends on what they say at your building but my advice would be make sure you coded lunch out before that.
Its best to take lunch in the early to mid-afternoon. I don't always take mine btwn 3.5-6.5 hrs but always before I do pickups and at the latest by 1600/1630.
95% of the time I take it early to mid afternoon.
I feel like my next day airs about 10:30. Then I do brunch. Breakfast /lunch. Tilll 1120. I saved 10 minutes for later on during the day. The rest of the day I just Cruise knowing my pickups my deliveries will be on time as long as I get done by 6:30 to 8:15 I'm good to go

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well done @soberups. In my experience RDO can be a crap shoot too: they've frankensteined some of our routes to the point that the PAL sequencing needs to be completely overhauled.
I dont follow RDO 100% either but I know where to “look” for stops and when I have RDO I can form a picture in my mind of how I will run the route and make adjustments to that plan throughout the day based upon changing conditions. ODO basically pours the entire route into a blender, scrambles it up, and spits out a manifest that is complete nonsense with the stops in random order which forces me to scroll up and down trying to mentally put it all back together. Too stressful. ORION 3.0 only made that problem worse, and once we go live with the “dynamic” feature the DIAD will become functionally useless for the purposes of determining the correct delivery order and we will be forced to revert to static paper manifests so that we can ignore the gibberish that the DIAD will be spitting out. I’m glad I wont have to deal with that crap.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I dont follow RDO 100% either but I know where to “look” for stops and when I have RDO I can form a picture in my mind of how I will run the route and make adjustments to that plan throughout the day based upon changing conditions. ODO basically pours the entire route into a blender, scrambles it up, and spits out a manifest that is complete nonsense with the stops in random order which forces me to scroll up and down trying to mentally put it all back together. Too stressful. ORION 3.0 only made that problem worse, and once we go live with the “dynamic” feature the DIAD will become functionally useless for the purposes of determining the correct delivery order and we will be forced to revert to static paper manifests so that we can ignore the gibberish that the DIAD will be spitting out. I’m glad I wont have to deal with that crap.

It might work ok if we could have control of when it scrambles. Like if our morning is all messed up we could press a “re-sort” button and all the ground stops it wanted us to do in the air run would go back where they should go. But just like you said with RDO they wouldn’t want us to actually have control over it. Whoever invented it must have Amazon stock.

Whither

Scofflaw

Mgmt unceremoniously kicked Orion 3.0 to the curb after only 2 weeks at my center. :rofl: ODO on my route is very predictable, I know exactly where it likes to hide stops I should deliver on the way out, turning right off of the main drag, rather than all the left turns it prefers me to make in the afternoon when traffic is busier. But it's a 60 mile resi route with 1 pickup and 1 bulk stop, maybe 10-15 businesses a day, so there's not too many variables to juggle. Once you know the dead ends (I have 25-30 necessary resi backs a day) and semi-rural stops it's cake. Still baffled that I was only the RPCD who signed the bid ... ofc it used to get cut 1-2 days a week, but that's not been the case for months and, who knows, perhaps never again ... if so, I might never sign another bid.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Who and why would anyone make a program that has you intentionally drive past stops-only to return and do them 5 stops later? 40 stops later?! The cradle just intensifies the distraction of it all. You basically do the streets backwards to make sense of it.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
same here in so cal....diad lag time and we all had manifests given to us....but wait was told by my center manager we can now push your edd to you when u are away from the building yea well....i never got it. Had a manifest....didn't really need it because i know my route and run it off the shelves everyday but wow.....what a total failure this is so far.

There is only one onroad supe in the whole district that knows how to do this.

onewithedd

I love how it sends me to the 8000 section for 605 w 11th and while I spent a large amount of time searching for that 1 package I find pkgs for 603, 608, and 604 but only deliver that one stop.

I have determined that it is all laid out based on NDA time commits and generating busy work along they way to make it look like your not driving distance.

of course this only works if

1) you leave on time (rarely)
2) your car is loaded perfectly stop for stop.
( LOL)
3) your car is not bricked out (rarely)
4) how you take your lunch ( they plan a 1 hour lunch into your dispatch, but not when you take it. It can cause you to be over an hour early or late on your pickups)

They once asked me why I was at the same place on my lunch for 10 minutes longer than my coded lunch, as if I were stealing time, I replied “my car doesn’t sort it self now does it?” So now I drive to my first pickup stop and do sorting there.

Spanky250

One of the things I've learned about Orion is that it chooses your next stop "as the crow flies". There's been many times it wants my next stop to be on the other side of a canal and wants me to pass 9 stops to get to the bridge to cross that canal, because that stop on the other side of the canal is physically the closest to the stop I'm at now.