Orion 3.0 Disaster.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I work at a Hub in Colorado and today every driver in the building couldn’t get EDD on upload and it always already 10am. So we all left with a manifest duck taped to the dashboard and the map on the overhead, it was basically the :censored2: 90’s. Naturally I would be lividly since I love my cradle, but it so awful it was funny.
Old school. Real old school drivers didn't even have a manifest. Never had a problem getting er' done!

Wally

20% of our routes were still out at 10 pm tonight because of this fiasco.
odsv8Snqdg29.gif

Wally

Lol....watching post-EDD Guys is funny enough already, now the thought of you cradle bitches losing it might just be too much for me to handle. Sorting the shelves the old way will make your day remarkably easier. The information your brain can hold might surprise you. Hell, you might even actually learn the route while you’re at it.
Give em' some cash cod's and have them know area numbers to boot!

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
We got edd\Orion only a couple years ago (if that), so going "old school" wasn't all that bad. I was slightly annoyed that today, without it, I had to actually think. Felt sorry for the new sob's tho....
How old school are we talking about here if I may ask? Like back when they had the shiny clips and actually "sheeted" a package on paper? I love hearing about what it was like

Allegedly SPORH was like 7 or 8?

Wally

How old school are we talking about here if I may ask? Like back when they had the shiny clips and actually "sheeted" a package on paper? I love hearing about what it was like

I started on paper. Turn in took 45 minutes sometimes. You did less stops because you had to sort constantly. Everything was calculated by you, timecard, cod's, cod checks, cod cash, cod cash plus check, delivery sheets (every town had a number of area numbers), pu pieces, pu sheets, calls, send agains, calls. Add to that no DR, every stop required signature except for a few release shippers.

Before, this was a thought intensive job, now it's so much easier, no comparison.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles

Ha, not that old-school. When I started seven years ago, we were driver sort and load. Last fall we got a preload , got edd\Orion maybe a year and a half prior(ish). Area knowledge was absolutely needed to load the cars and to have a decent delivery order. SPORH for me was about 20. Business route, mostly.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Stock doesn't fluctuate daily based on daily operations. Rumors within the stock trading industry of poor earnings performance, or actual poor performance as reported in quarterly earnings reports, would cause people to sell, and price to drop.
Sure. But the public has zero knowledge of how friend’ed daily operations are, and that’s the way UPS likes it. I’m sure it would affect the stock negatively if people had any clue. We literally throw money away every single day

MisplacedRailWorker

What happened to shaving? I mean I'm used to it (USMC) I've been shaving every morning seven days a week for like 15 years...whether I'm working, or vacation, weekend, doesn't matter to me...

Did they take that rule away? Half the drivers I see practically have beards, and they don't look like they have a waiver either. No one gives a :censored2: anymore?

Edit: I'm not for or against it, again I will always shave. I'm just curious if the company changed that rule

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
What happened to shaving? I mean I'm used to it (USMC) I've been shaving every morning seven days a week for like 15 years...whether I'm working, or vacation, weekend, doesn't matter to me...

Did they take that rule away? Half the drivers I see practically have beards, and they don't look like they have a waiver either. No one gives a :censored2: anymore?
You gonna tell a guy forced to wear a mask in this heat that he needs to be clean shaven under the mask?? Makes no sense. Stupid policy anyway. It’s 2020 and facial hair doesn’t dictate an individuals level of professionalism, whatsoever

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles

Edit: I'm not for or against it, again I will always shave. I'm just curious if the company changed that rule
Yah, no thanks. I'm fine not having a warm itchy beard under my already annoying mask. Shave every day.

MisplacedRailWorker

You gonna tell a guy forced to wear a mask in this heat that he needs to be clean shaven under the mask?? Makes no sense. Stupid policy anyway. It’s 2020 and facial hair doesn’t dictate an individuals level of professionalism, whatsoever
I say again, I have no opinion either way. But might I mention, according to:

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, FIELD MEDICAL TRAINING BATTALION
FMSO 104:

"...facial hair can break seals on masks, and thus a liability..."

JJinVA

I took 30 stops off a driver. Used to take 8 seconds to do an EDD transfer where you make the little windows have sex with each other. Those 30 stops took 26 minutes to create an EDD for me. Yes I sat in the parking lot and waited the entire 26 minutes. No I did not punch any of the time out as break or lunch. Today I had to scan every package on my truck and create my own EDD. And for some reason, it put UPS Facility in the middle of my board. Sweet. Must have hired the same geniuses that created the Obamacare website for a billion dollars that still doesnt work

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

How does one “look like they have a waiver”

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I say again, I have no opinion either way. But might I mention, according to:

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, FIELD MEDICAL TRAINING BATTALION
FMSO 104:

"...facial hair can break seals on masks, and thus a liability..."
Well when one is talking about a gas mask duh

We are talking about masks that block slightly more than a mosquito net.