Orion 3.0 Disaster.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
22233255xhh34PUy.gif

oldupsman

I started on paper. Turn in took 45 minutes sometimes. You did less stops because you had to sort constantly. Everything was calculated by you, timecard, cod's, cod checks, cod cash, cod cash plus check, delivery sheets (every town had a number of area numbers), pu pieces, pu sheets, calls, send agains, calls. Add to that no DR, every stop required signature except for a few release shippers.

Before, this was a thought intensive job, now it's so much easier, no comparison.

Don't forget you had to learn all the post office's RD routes. Rural delivery route 1 box 112.
And in my case I had to learn everyone in the small towns I served because every package came
though with aPOBox. Like George Wilson PO Box57 Pineville Pa. Yeah, I knew where George lived.
When a company balked about needing a delivery address,he would address the package,
George Wilson PO Box 57 UPS Knows Pineville Pa.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Flaws aside, what is the ACTUAL differences that ORION 3.0 is supposed to include?
It re-orders your manifest after every stop according to what it thinks is the best “solution” based upon the time of day. So you will be scrolling up and down even more than you used to. You will actually be better off with a paper manifest.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It re-orders your manifest after every stop according to what it thinks is the best “solution” based upon the time of day. So you will be scrolling up and down even more than you used to. You will actually be better off with a paper manifest.
I heard that’s what is supposed to happen but haven’t seen that happen yet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well I'm gonna be blatantly honest about what I meant. Caucasian. with hair that does not appear to be thick enough in appearance or profile to cause shaving issues that are usually only experienced by other ethnicities.
In my case management brought it on themselves.

i can shave every other day and have no real problems. shave every day and I get bumps bad by day 4 and 5. Well they started throwing out warning letters. Hey I can shave every other day just fine if you’ll just leave me alone.

No. Every day or get a doctors note. Ok doctor note it is.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Flaws aside, what is the ACTUAL differences that ORION 3.0 is supposed to include?
Two drivers can no longer transfer stops between each other with their DIADS, now the office has to do it. Which can take forever. So you are better off just taking the packages and lining them up manually without EDD rather than waiting for the office to transfer the EDD, which will be functionally useless anyway because ORION will just scramble it.
3.0 also screws up the lunch recording function, you cant edit it and you cant enter it at the end of the day.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't forget you had to learn all the post office's RD routes. Rural delivery route 1 box 112.
And in my case I had to learn everyone in the small towns I served because every package came
though with aPOBox. Like George Wilson PO Box57 Pineville Pa. Yeah, I knew where George lived.
When a company balked about needing a delivery address,he would address the package,
George Wilson PO Box 57 UPS Knows Pineville Pa.
I remember those "UPS knows" addresses. Years ago in the 80's I had a plastics molding place that was in a little town of about 50 people. NOBODY in this town had a Street address. Everything came Joe Blow- Riverton , Mn. One day the owner of that company told me he had trouble getting some places to ship to him because the plant didn't have a Street address and these shippers were told it must have a street address. I told him to make up an address and suggested 10,000 Plastic Parkway. To this day this place still gets stuff addressed 10,000 Plastic Parkway even though the plastics plant went out of business years ago.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why scroll?

cradle diad and drive.

you make this job so hard.