Orion 3.0 Disaster.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why scroll?

cradle diad and drive.

you make this job so hard.
Maybe I dont feel like unloading a bricked out car onto the street in the pouring rain in order to find the random envelope buried in the middle of the 7000 shelf that ORION wants me to deliver first.
I’m not the one making the job harder, UPS is.

rentadawg

Old school. Real old school drivers didn't even have a manifest. Never had a problem getting er' done!
I got back around 7pm and less then half our drivers in my center hadn’t returned yet. One driver didn’t tape his manifest and half of it flew out the window into a driver tailing him, I never laughed so hard In my life. The whole day was a comedy skit.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Old school. Real old school drivers didn't even have a manifest. Never had a problem getting er' done!
I started my career in 1988/on 50-liners so I am perfectly capable of functioning without a manifest.
However...32 years ago the route I have now left the building every morning at 8:25 with 85 stops, no committed NDA or NDA savers and no on demand pickups. Now I start at 9:10 with 115 stops and 10:30 NDA commits spread out over a 300 square mile area. So a coherent manifest is a useful thing to have.

Overpaid Union Thug

It re-orders your manifest after every stop according to what it thinks is the best “solution” based upon the time of day. So you will be scrolling up and down even more than you used to. You will actually be better off with a paper manifest.
Thank God my center isn’t getting 3.0 anytime soon. My current route only has an average of six addresses so I don’t really need RDO or ORION.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Religion? I'm Muslim and I wasn't eligible, since it's not compulsory for Muslim men to grow a beard, it's a TRADITION

Rastafarian? With a giant Jesus piece and a Blue lives matter undershirt?

Please tell me
Dude I’m joking with you. There are already a million threads on how easy it is to obtain a shave waiver. Honestly it was the easiest thing I’ve ever done at UPS.

JJinVA

All I know is Im loving all this new technology!! I just cant wait until we have self-driving electric vehicles!! Because, who needs a steering wheel or a sense of control?!

ouanling

Thank God my center isn’t getting 3.0 anytime soon. My current route only has an average of six addresses so I don’t really need RDO or ORION.
my center doesnt even have orion 1.0

Get truck, put streets in orders, add to circuit APP and write description of package to find it then i can leave. takes about 1h30 every morning

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What happened to shaving? I mean I'm used to it (USMC) I've been shaving every morning seven days a week for like 15 years...whether I'm working, or vacation, weekend, doesn't matter to me...

Did they take that rule away? Half the drivers I see practically have beards, and they don't look like they have a waiver either. No one gives a :censored2: anymore?

Edit: I'm not for or against it, again I will always shave. I'm just curious if the company changed that rule
You gonna tell a guy forced to wear a mask in this heat that he needs to be clean shaven under the mask?? Makes no sense. Stupid policy anyway. It’s 2020 and facial hair doesn’t dictate an individuals level of professionalism, whatsoever
🧔✊

JJinVA

We start Monday or Tuesday they said. Reading this makes me excited lol

The best part is being used to hitting the scanner button and it instantly firing, and now, hitting the scanner button, and having the DIAD act like its constipated trying to :censored2: out the laser beam after 5 seconds. I REALLYYYYYYY like that new feature! Helps with my break time efficiency. Oh, and didnt have Nav all day, not even the MapNav key to manually look at it inbetween stops. Luckily they put me on the route that I trained on today when I first started so I knew all the streets and usual customers. But a blind route would have been a DOT violation for me today

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
The best part is being used to hitting the scanner button and it instantly firing, and now, hitting the scanner button, and having the DIAD act like its constipated trying to :censored2: out the laser beam after 5 seconds. I REALLYYYYYYY like that new feature! Helps with my break time efficiency. Oh, and didnt have Nav all day, not even the MapNav key to manually look at it inbetween stops. Luckily they put me on the route that I trained on today when I first started so I knew all the streets and usual customers. But a blind route would have been a DOT violation for me today
We brought back so much crap last night, I finished a little before 10 and there were trucks full of burned packages everywhere. The rookies were screwed, poor bastards. Really not that big of deal, run it shelf to shelf and keep turning right you dummies. But everybody has to go through those hard ass days to figure out what you gotta do to stick around here. It reminded me of how much harder I had to work mentally before we had napmav.

JJinVA

We brought back so much crap last night, I finished a little before 10 and there were trucks full of burned packages everywhere. The rookies were screwed, poor bastards. Really not that big of deal, run it shelf to shelf and keep turning right you dummies. But everybody has to go through those hard ass days to figure out what you gotta do to stick around here. It reminded me of how much harder I had to work mentally before we had napmav.

Yeah. Its funny listening to the old timers bitchin at us about how "back in MY day, we had a safe and cash CODs!! And had to use a pen, IN THE RAIN, ON PAPER!" Which, yeah, that was doable when the volume was 65 to 70 stops a day. I bet even they would struggle with 215 using old school methods.

But I do try not to rely on MapNav the more I do this so I can learn the areas when Im on routes that I dont usually run. The other day I surprised myself when I came around a corner and knew the names of the streets, the color of the mail boxes matched with the addresses. Simple stuff to remind me where Im at.

And running the shelf numbers isnt always the most effiecient way when youre on a split route. I know Ive had things on my 1000 shelf that were for two different routes. All I can assume is, the dispatcher was lazy and just kept the same PAL numbers as if they were on their own respective routes, but they were 5 miles apart

Mdet

So I work at a Hub in Colorado and today every driver in the building couldn’t get EDD on upload and it always already 10am. So we all left with a manifest duck taped to the dashboard and the map on the overhead, it was basically the :censored2: 90’s. Naturally I would be lividly since I love my cradle, but it so awful it was funny.
What hub are u at in Colorado, it happen to us out East the other day. It froze and we had to wait.

barnyard

KTM rider
Which, yeah, that was doable when the volume was 65 to 70 stops a day.
That is pretty valid. The route next to mine used to dispatch at 80 stops with the same pick ups it currently has. Now, it needs 100 for an 8 hour day and routinely goes out with 120.

I would love to see production efficiencies result in an earlier day, instead of constantly boosting stops.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That is pretty valid. The route next to mine used to dispatch at 80 stops with the same pick ups it currently has. Now, it needs 100 for an 8 hour day and routinely goes out with 120.

I would love to see production efficiencies result in an earlier day, instead of constantly boosting stops.
center manager bitching about my 9.5 a few weeks ago

me: I went out with over 140 that is always like 11 hours for me

center manager: you have to stop worrying about stop count numbers and get it done

few days later looking like ill be over 9.5 again

me: might be over 9.5

center manager: you cant possibly be over 9.5 110 stops is an 8 hour request on that route.

me: you gotta stop worrying about stop count numbers and just keep me under 9.5