Orion and Saturday Ground

The Driver

I drive.
Anybody else being instructed to run Orion on Saturdays only?

I know what this company is up to. Trying to piss us off so we will vote to allow “hybrid drivers”. They can kiss my :censored2:, I’m not giving in.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

I know what this company is up to. Trying to piss us off so we will vote to allow “hybrid drivers”. They can kiss my :censored2:, I’m not giving in.
60152EEF-4353-4E9B-A9FD-83C0E8EC9876.gif

The Driver

I drive.
Are you a full time package driver???

ORION sucks and it makes my life harder than it needs to be. If I’m pissed off and want Saturdays off again then I’m more likely to vote against my conscience for this giveaway contract, allowing a lower paid ground driver to do this in my place.

Does that spell it out for you a little better?

CoolStoryBro

I dream of stupid instruction like that. Mo' money. Especially on Saturday when there aren't as many business deliveries.

CoolStoryBro

what’s orion?

It is UPS' routing software. It creates a custom delivery order for the driver each morning. It is supposed to reduce miles and time on road. It's a joke. Sometimes works alright. But generally is a joke. It might have your first stop be a residential on shelf 6. And your truck is 100% full and you cannot access that package. Has you deliver NDA after commit time. Deliver businesses after they close, etc...

LIke most things UPS it's a cheap knock-version of what we actually need. Not implemented correctly. Then neglected. Randomly it becomes number of the month and they ask us to follow it to raise their percentages...

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It is UPS' routing software. It creates a custom delivery order for the driver each morning. It is supposed to reduce miles and time on road. It's a joke. Sometimes works alright. But generally is a joke. It might have your first stop be a residential on shelf 6. And your truck is 100% full and you cannot access that package. Has you deliver NDA after commit time. Deliver businesses after they close, etc...
I was just kidding buddy , I’ve never followed orion since it came out lol..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I have done some Saturday air and if I followed Orion, they would have been late. Orion has you pass stops to have you end up near the building which is bad for stuff on time constraint.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Saturdays are the only days I run ORION. It’s a lot easier to find things since you’re only going out with about 150 pieces. It may not be like that everywhere, but on my Saturday route RDO makes even less sense than ODO.

hegro

Orion has me driving by 40-50 stops every Saturday. I just ignore what they say and hit those stops on the way. :censored2: 'em.

The Driver

I drive.
Orion has me driving by 40-50 stops every Saturday. I just ignore what they say and hit those stops on the way. :censored2: 'em.

Are you getting pep talks about Orion on Saturday? Instruction?

I'm thinking about ignoring them next time or just pulling over and sorting the whole truck after my first stop of the day. Yesterday ruined my life.