Orion and time allowance's

'Lord Brown's bidding'

From what I heard, if one's EDD is properly set up, and the pre-install worksheet is filled out (letting them know about things like business closing times, businesses that would like early deliveries, SADR accounts, streets too wide to hit both sides at same time, areas to avoid at certain times, dangerous intersections, etc.) ORION shouldn't be that much different than their standard day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sober..

You have to try it. It is hilarious. Run 100% except for service failures. I did it for months when they threatened me with disciple for not using it.

I had to get gas more than once on their dime. I have run 60+ miles over projected at 98% trace. They finally broke down and asked me repeatedly not to run ORION even after they worked on fixing it for 6+ months. Every "ORION solution" they used would correct one problem and create a new one.
For me, intentionally being that stupid would be like intentionally crapping my pants. There is a mental block there. I cant do it. Not criticizing you or saying that you are stupid for doing it, just that their ORION is truly that stupid. I dont need that level of aggravation in my life.

oldngray

nowhere special
"I'll look into it"

and THAT is a top 5 answer to any question asked!!
monday-17-photos-18.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
From what I heard, if one's EDD is properly set up, and the pre-install worksheet is filled out (letting them know about things like business closing times, businesses that would like early deliveries, SADR accounts, streets too wide to hit both sides at same time, areas to avoid at certain times, dangerous intersections, etc.) ORION shouldn't be that much different than their standard day.
That's not true.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I think they really expect us to park ourselves in front of the ORION computers every morning and stare at the trace maps (off the clock) until we've memorized them. I laugh at the guys that actually do that. Gutless bastards. I'd have to be getting paid to do that.
This goes back to where I started, I check to make sure they are giving me my planned breaks, if not I ask them how I can possibly do the route the way Orion is telling me? Its just another top reason to turn orion off and go to RDO.

porkwagon

If we ran orion, it would be a :censored2: show. We have guys on rural routes beating orion by 40+ miles every day by doing it their own way. Orion here will send you to a town for 10 stops, then to another town, then back to previous town for some stops, then back to 2nd town. It is a complete failure on a route greater than 100 miles.
If you want to beat ORION, stop "beating ORION!"

underworked1

Ran a split route the other day that Orion did that to, I just laughed and worked as directed. 98% Orion trace.
I've ran around 100 percent sometimes when I need the money but at a certain point I don't want to be out there till 7:30 or later every night. I want to get home to see my family.

ArcherUTR

But your previous post said we're not allowed to scan in the car. I'm confused.
What I do and what I'm trying to do are often two completely different things.

I just thought Dave was about to go off on some tangent about how it is our responsibility to maximize time studies.