Orion and time allowance's

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's actually a term one of our Orion sups came up with. They said 100% is not expected and if you ran 100% all the time then you were being "maliciously obedient" and basically doing it as a "friend-YOU" to the company.

And yes, I agree. A decent BA would not have let that firing stand. Using technology to discipline is a big no no.
So take the optimum out of ORION then. I consider it an epic failure.

billman1968

Sorry haven't replyed for a while and yes I have my hearing today and I have a lawyer who is drooling to take this case. I was fired for supervised and unsupervised work. Witch means i did better with them with me(perfect load) then I did with out them with me...

billman1968

And yet every boss who has been with. Me has told me to turn off Orion. Cause it is so wrong..... So why don't they fix the problem and not disaplin the driver...

Big J

Our OC doesn't have a clue on how to fix this disaster. He just has a scale of 1-10 on the computer screen and slides the scale around and the computer resolves it worse than before. He then says ok fixed it. You should be good to go now. Ok business at the end of the day along with your pick ups deliver them when you pick up.....hmmm ok?? Ps turn in a sales lead too!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Won't get fired for not using ORION if you beat the miles.

ORION is meant to reduce miles. If you can do that without it, they won't mess with you. They've already turned off at least one route on my Center that just got it because the driver smokes the route miles without it. OTOH, if you follow ORION at greater than 85% trace, if you come over miles that's on them. In either case, as long as you are beating one of the standards they won't mess with you.

ORION takes the current time allowances; it isn't adding new ones. It is just about saving miles.

85% trace. On a route with 200 stops, that's 30 different times you can break trace. Pickup stops and air stops are included in the stop count, but not against you in breaking trace. Why are so many struggling?

Boulevard859710

ORION is meant to reduce miles. If you can do that without it, they won't mess with you. They've already turned off at least one route on my Center that just got it because the driver smokes the route miles without it. OTOH, if you follow ORION at greater than 85% trace, if you come over miles that's on them. In either case, as long as you are beating one of the standards they won't mess with you.

ORION takes the current time allowances; it isn't adding new ones. It is just about saving miles.

85% trace. On a route with 200 stops, that's 30 different times you can break trace. Pickup stops and air stops are included in the stop count, but not against you in breaking trace. Why are so many struggling?
Exactly and if they get on you about not running it but beating the miles then it's not really about beating the miles is it?

clean hairy

So, on my way to work, I saw traffic going the opposite direction at a standstill due to a wreck.
Traffic report indicated a 40 min backup to get through it.Saw a couple of our drivers sitting in the backlog.
How does that affect the Orion plan for the day?

Last edited:

opey

and i was told by the orion guy (who rides with the driver the first time orion is set up in order to tweak it) that if u move the cursor down to another section and then follow from there, that only counts as one break. also stops on the same street dont break trace either (or only count for the first one)

barnyard

KTM rider
but, if you run it in reverse and there are no stops on the same street, you will be at 0%.

The days that I am lowest compliant are the days that I run sections backwards. I am following the exact trace, but in reverse. Most of the time, it is so that I can run the shelf in EDD order instead of digging from the rear of the shelf to the front.

Also, Orion does change allowances. We were told that because we no longer had to set up, that we were losing that set up time. In my center, they said it would save 10%, so 3 routes were cut out. Until 9/5 grievances skyrocketed....

Whargoul

I'm a swing driver and I run Orion at least 90% and I go over all the time. I get harassed about it too. I looked at one route on Orion and it had me doing my first stop at 730 and start time for that day was 830. None of the routes I do have any time allowance for my 10 min paid break or any lunch time. My management team can't even get preload down on time, My trucks not even wrapped an HOUR after start time and I get 1 hour to del 15 NDA's ( which I deliver ALL ON TIME )

opey

dont have to set up? how can u jump from your 2000's to 8000's without setting up (or digging)? maybe if the loaders actually did their job 80% correct, and the dispatch actually accounted for space taken up, it would be feasible

barnyard

KTM rider
dont have to set up? how can u jump from your 2000's to 8000's without setting up (or digging)? maybe if the loaders actually did their job 80% correct, and the dispatch actually accounted for space taken up, it would be feasible

Seems totally idiotic, but there it is.

opey

with that said, after my training route got orion, i was pretty much completely turning it off eveyday and doing the route by edd and how i knew how, and i almost always was over 85% trace. did come over a few miles usually though. no way would i have been able to scratch if i followed orion though

wayfair

swollen member
instead of a giant focus on preload to work, to make Orion work... they'd rather you sign up for sales lead programs, or get you set up for my choice..... BRILLIANT!!!