ORION discipline

Dr.Brownz

Your union. The numbers are to be between management and a single employee.

John has no right to know Jane was 2 hours over or did less stops or ran more miles. Ect

And they sure as hell can call you out in front of everyone which is exactly what making someone write down why. I see that as embarrassment which is a form of dicipline.

realy? Could you refer me to an article/sec?

If this is true my center is about to get a big grievance

rpoz11

Orion is just another excuse they use to not to fix THEIR problems.

Their problem is that they wont fire their own while WE continue to produce their profit.

No apologies for what we contractually fight for and keep.

No matter what system you decide to implement, a Human must report to work to produce your Orion results.

I can chew up your Orion up and prove to you that it is corrupted.

I only do about 25 routes in this center. But when I look at them on the computer, I will always have late air, more miles, and be over allowed. Because the computer was never adjusted for our later start time and when the preload finishes 40 minutes late... Also, the computer only Shows a 30 minute lunch on all the routes. And doesn't show our breaks in there. So with an hour lunch and 2 ten minute breaks, scratch is +.34. Missed businesses and missed pick ups would be the norm.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I only do about 25 routes in this center. But when I look at them on the computer, I will always have late air, more miles, and be over allowed. Because the computer was never adjusted for our later start time and when the preload finishes 40 minutes late... Also, the computer only Shows a 30 minute lunch on all the routes. And doesn't show our breaks in there. So with an hour lunch and 2 ten minute breaks, scratch is +.34. Missed businesses and missed pick ups would be the norm.
Dont worry this Orion project is unrealistic and with a preload that has never been fine tuned, it will never work. On one day they had me down for 42 miles which didnt include me breaking off for the pickups which are a mile away.

upsbeernut

I believe they were trying to copy Fed ex with their Rodes software which is another tell me my next stop without considering the variables.

upsbeernut

They don't like their system any more than we don't like ours so I don't think there any winners here.
Your right about that, i got feedback from my fed ex friend and he has to explain why his mileage is off or how long he took for that stop. Personally, when this peak is over sometime in January, im gonna have them ride with me again just to irritate them cause they rushed the training thru our building cramming something down our throats with a near perfect load for that day.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

We still don't have Orion yet and haven't heard anything about it coming to us.......maybe they are thinking about scrapping it and admit they made a mistake instead of trying to force it on us insisting its the greatest thing since sliced bread......hahaha

We still don't have Orion yet and haven't heard anything about it coming to us.......maybe they are thinking about scrapping it and admit they made a mistake instead of trying to force it on us insisting its the greatest thing since sliced bread......hahaha
It works maybe 50% of the time, but it is broken when forced to use it 90% of the time.

upsbeernut

Thats what im hoping, but have you ever heard of management admitting to a failure especially a corporate one. They play God and all decisions are a point to justify their jobs and hopefully no stock price drops.

undies

I don't understand how they say we have to use Orion 85% and not aim for 100%. In my book that like telling someone a B is better than an A. Maybe it's because Orion doesn't work 100% of the time?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I don't understand how they say we have to use Orion 85% and not aim for 100%. In my book that like telling someone a B is better than an A. Maybe it's because Orion doesn't work 100% of the time?
I posted before that I don't use it for 3/4s of my route yet run between 90-100% (average around 95%) and yet I am 5-10 miles over everyday.

Since I can do this I can tell you it's broken

undies

I beat an Orion route by 6 miles and was asked to tell the route driver what I did so they can do the same...told them I turned off Orion and ran it using my best judgement as a professional driver. Not what they wanted to hear.

By The Book

I beat an Orion route by 6 miles and was asked to tell the route driver what I did so they can do the same...told them I turned off Orion and ran it using my best judgement as a professional driver. Not what they wanted to hear.
But they already knew that you turned it off. What percent did you run?