ORION discipline

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Why would you want stock to plummet
im exaggerating, this is my job and the company has to do well all the time. plummet is harsh and wrong and shouldnt have been stated that way. i want the stock to go up as much as possible but not by saving mileage and creating chaos.

Hroller

I can't wait until they implement Orion at my center. I am going to run it to the T. Never mind that I will have to unload a 50 pound/50 package bulk stop to dig out a pair of socks. I'm going to do it.

And instead of breaking off to unload 10 huge boxes at a residential stop so I will have room for pickups, I will leave them on and call for a second truck to finish up pickups because I have no more room until I get my house stops off, when I do that, the pickups will be closed.

Work as directed and suck up the overtime. Meanwhile saving gas/miles.
I guess I can do that to prove a point since I don't have a wife and kid waiting for me at the end of the day.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I can't wait until they implement Orion at my center. I am going to run it to the T. Never mind that I will have to unload a 50 pound/50 package bulk stop to dig out a pair of socks. I'm going to do it.

And instead of breaking off to unload 10 huge boxes at a residential stop so I will have room for pickups, I will leave them on and call for a second truck to finish up pickups because I have no more room until I get my house stops off, when I do that, the pickups will be closed.

Work as directed and suck up the overtime. Meanwhile saving gas/miles.
I guess I can do that to prove a point since I don't have a wife and kid waiting for me at the end of the day.
I like your thinking, maybe the work load will decrease and the pickup pieces will come back to late to process. Its only a matter of time when this system will back everything up and no one will be able to fix anything. First day with one of our drivers, he missed 12 business packages.

undies

My center now has a list of every Orion route and the planned miles for the day. We are supposed write down the actual miles we get along with a written description as to WHY we didn't hit the magic Orion number. Some of the comments drivers have been leaning are comedy gold!

Anyone have a similar thing going on?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My center now has a list of every Orion route and the planned miles for the day. We are supposed write down the actual miles we get along with a written description as to WHY we didn't hit the magic Orion number. Some of the comments drivers have been leaning are comedy gold!

If you think I am long-winded here on Brown Cafe, just imagine how much I would have to say to them about ORION if I were instructed to explain its problems while I was on the clock. I could write a book and make a LOT of money.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you think I am long-winded here on Brown Cafe, just imagine how much I would have to say to them about ORION if I were instructed to explain its problems while I was on the clock. I could write a book and make a LOT of money.

The company doesn't have the guts.... to implement it, in my area.

Management people are only staying "long enough" for a note on their resume.

Everyone knows.... it's a multi-million dollar failure.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The company doesn't have the guts.... to implement it, in my area.

Management people are only staying "long enough" for a note on their resume.

Everyone knows.... it's a multi-million dollar failure.

-Bug-
Your close. It'll be a multi billion dollar failure when it's said and done.

Brownslave688

file on this they can not post everyone's numbers for all to see.

Brownslave688

says who?
Your union. The numbers are to be between management and a single employee.

John has no right to know Jane was 2 hours over or did less stops or ran more miles. Ect

And they sure as hell can call you out in front of everyone which is exactly what making someone write down why. I see that as embarrassment which is a form of dicipline.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Don't follow it during my businesses as my truck is always bulked out and I can not unload 25 fl3 boxes to the second floor with no elevator when there are 50 RDCs down the middle all while running my air. I turn it on for my resis. I am consistently in the low 90s and consistently 5-10 miles over.

Yesterday I didn't turn it on until my 106th stop (of 181) and ran 94% and 6 miles over.

No one says anything to me about discipline

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Don't follow it during my businesses as my truck is always bulked out and I can not unload 25 fl3 boxes to the second floor with no elevator when there are 50 RDCs down the middle all while running my air. I turn it on for my resis. I am consistently in the low 90s and consistently 5-10 miles over.

Yesterday I didn't turn it on until my 106th stop (of 181) and ran 94% and 6 miles over.

No one says anything to me about discipline
181 stops, feel bad for you buddy lol.

undies

The daily numbers are available every morning. Each driver, by name and supervisor group. Stops/pick ups done as well as piece count. Over/under and inside building time. We all check each other and complaint how some routes can make bonus and others can't.