Orion during peak. They wouldn't dare.

davidix

Do you guys think we are going to be forced to run Orion during peak?

I understand why.I get it, you want to really see if it works. Yeah that's fine you invested a lot. Go ahead and force it on people.

But at some point somebody up top has to make the executive decision and cut the cord on Orion right?

I mean nobody runs it. People scroll up and down or just flat out turn it off.

So what's the word on that?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think they will turn it off.
But I also think we will have to roll a few hundred thousand missed stops first. They wont do it until forced to and their denial is strong.
And I also think that some local management will take it upon themselves to come up with work-arounds, either shutting it off on a route-by-route basis or else printing out RDO manifests on paper and having everyone work off of clipboards.
Something will have to give.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They’ve manually turned it off in my center on rare occasions that drivers were absolutely losing their minds with the solution. They can do it, but always will deny it. They’ll turn it off then say that the got the solution to match the RDO to save face.

old levi's

blank space
For clarification, has RDO disappeared from diads across the nation, or do some areas still show both solutions?

Funny choice of words, ODO was never a solution, just a tortuous path.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I understand why.I get it, you want to really see if it works. Yeah that's fine you invested a lot. Go ahead and force it on people.

But at some point somebody up top has to make the executive decision and cut the cord on Orion right?

OUT THE WINDOW DURING PEAK:

-Orion
-Backing concerns
-Overplan concern
-Air commits

mixyo

Dispatcher
I’m sure this year like previous years they’ll look the other way. “Don’t ask don’t tell”. But I would not be at all surprised if ORION becomes the forced method in 2019.

The Driver

I drive.
I’m sure this year like previous years they’ll look the other way. “Don’t ask don’t tell”. But I would not be at all surprised if ORION becomes the forced method in 2019.

The moment they actually yell at me for low ORION % is the day I begin running it 100% except to make commits. I'll do that until they cry uncle. Until now I'm running lowest to highest HIN, basically.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But I would not be at all surprised if ORION becomes the forced method in 2019.

If you mean "forced" as in they can discipline you, that would require bargaining

with the Union.... and that ain't gonna happen. The Union has never allowed them

to set production standards.

Delivery!!!

I run it and with this no over 9.5 stuff the stop count is plummeting. I'd say I'm going out with about 66 percent of what I was. And still barely getting in under 9.5.

Fuzzy Brown

The company has invested millions in Orion to go back to RDO at peak would be an admission of failure and they will never admit they were wrong.

After not getting EDD 2 days this week. I was told yesterday that I had to get EDD in the morning. Or I would be disciplined.

Dough99

Why would you not run something that makes you a lot of dough?

DeliveryMachine

They absolutely can not force ORION 100% until they fix/change is majorly. There’s days when I’m air heavy and ORION will literally have me go through a guard shack, drive all the way back to the dock, walk inside, open the doors, and dig through a 35 piece bulk stop for 2 airs and come back during pick ups to deliver the ground/savers at 3:30. If I’m forced to do that, I will deliver everything and just save the labels to scan when I come back for pickups. Or else we will lose customers left and right. I would be so embarrassed to have to actually tell a business I’m only allowed to deliver certain packages now and will deliver the other 90% later on near closing time.

Delivery!!!

Yes, number plus first few letters of street.
Why not get edd, go to the screen where we manually input the address, and then scan the first stop. Once you stop complete will it then be at the manually input address screen. This way you don't have to input the address or look at the Orion order.

Blackadder 2

According to my center manager it is not going to be shut off, the suits above really think it is a brilliant idea and that it actually works.

It would seem that we are heading for massive failure this peak.