ORION Excellence

Re-Raise

A45BF4C7-2F14-45AC-AFE5-52354EDEFBF1.jpeg

Those two towns are a solid 30 miles apart

In the words of my center manager

“it’s not perfect”

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
%100 trace no matter what ...if you are at a closed business at night it gets sheeted up closed after 5...too many runner gunners not following Orion.

Overpaid Union Thug

%100 trace no matter what ...if you are at a closed business at night it gets sheeted up closed after 5...too many runner gunners not following Orion.

And not just runners. So many people just ignore it and do their own thing. But most routes will still show 85% or better with no missed/late so the district suits have no incentive to want to address the fact that it doesn’t work. I absolutely refuse to constantly scroll up and down ODO trying to find what should be my next stop. Whatever is next in ODO is my next stop.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
And not just runners. So many people just ignore it and do their own thing. But most routes will still show 85% or better with no missed/late so the district suits have no incentive to want to address the fact that it doesn’t work. I absolutely refuse to constantly scroll up and down ODO trying to find what should be my next stop. Whatever is next in ODO is my next stop.
management knows we have commercial stops with residential commits , it needs fixed

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
How can this company possibly continue to be profitable when they can’t even get the most basic part of our job functional?
Dispatch is everything. Load quality is important, but ultimately it’s the combination of dispatch and driver ability that dictates how efficiently the day goes by. I know our dispatch guys really well and they are former drivers who in no way want to screw us over. I’ve watched them hold approved meetings 15 minutes before start time for weeks trying to correct each individual Orion discrepancy. Ive observed them experimenting with the technology constantly trying to tweak the route until it’s functional and then ask for daily feedback. I have read many times on BC that
“ORION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE GUY WHO PUTS THE ROUTES TOGETHER” but it’s hard to blame our dispatch guys, who are competently intelligent dudes and in general very open to us and helpful.
Ultimately, we are all just doing what we can to get through the day without ruffling anybody’s feathers; we all just want to be left alone. Including preload FT sups and dispatch.
I was the last guy in my center to pass packet running RDO. Watched many guys fail miserably on my training route since; which my training route is easily the easiest in the building, it’s not even close. It’s the one they give to the guys THEY WANT TO PASS. It’s so simple. But Orion ruined training drivers also, failing to let the poor saps know that “hey by the way, the DIAD is basically a puzzle.” So most of these new guys just go to the next stop in the board because that's what they are told to do. All the while turning left into busy highway traffic with literally zero chance of being efficient, since they have no idea what they are doing wrong.

Dr.Brownz

How can this company possibly continue to be profitable when they can’t even get the most basic part of our job functional?
Dispatch is everything. Load quality is important, but ultimately it’s the combination of dispatch and driver ability that dictates how efficiently the day goes by. I know our dispatch guys really well and they are former drivers who in no way want to screw us over. I’ve watched them hold approved meetings 15 minutes before start time for weeks trying to correct each individual Orion discrepancy. Ive observed them experimenting with the technology constantly trying to tweak the route until it’s functional and then ask for daily feedback. I have read many times on BC that
“ORION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE GUY WHO PUTS THE ROUTES TOGETHER” but it’s hard to blame our dispatch guys, who are competently intelligent dudes and in general very open to us and helpful.
Ultimately, we are all just doing what we can to get through the day without ruffling anybody’s feathers; we all just want to be left alone. Including preload FT sups and dispatch.
I was the last guy in my center to pass packet running RDO. Watched many guys fail miserably on my training route since; which my training route is easily the easiest in the building, it’s not even close. It’s the one they give to the guys THEY WANT TO PASS. It’s so simple. But Orion ruined training drivers also, failing to let the poor saps know that “hey by the way, the DIAD is basically a puzzle.” So most of these new guys just go to the next stop in the board because that's what they are told to do. All the while turning left into busy highway traffic with literally zero chance of being efficient, since they have no idea what they are doing wrong.

I think the level above center manager management likes this because once things get bad enough, they can come in and make it look like they "fixed" everything. Then they get the credit for all the improvements. What you said is spot on though. Everyone just wants to get through the day and not ruffle feathers and be left alone. At the beginning of this EDD/ORION crap I tried to help them but they didn't want to hear anything I said so now it's 25 stops a day following their bad plan.

KoennenTiger

Here they just pass guys that never ever actually manage to run scratch.