Orion Forcing

arenc8161

The route I'm on this week, I follow stop for stop. First time I've ever not been in ODR. I'm actually impressed at how well it worked. Hopefully it stays like this all week!!

1Simplemann

So with in the last week or so Orion has become a big big deal in my center. For the longest time it was usually just do orion first stop and carry on. Now they're instructing us to run orion, be at 85% trace or under the miles, or we will face disciplinary action. Our ocs's even stated that if our cars are bricked in the am that they are to tear them apart to find the orion first stop if need be.

This seems pretty freakin ridiculous, it's the wrong time of year to have to spend extra time digging around in the back of the car. I assume its been forced in other places, but what disciplinarian action can they possibly take against us?
Orion is new technology. They can't do anything to you. Talk to your steward. I'm never 85%. Although I'm always under the miles.

JL 0513

Or....make it the dispatch managers job to make sure the 1st stop is accessible. I disagree if you are saying we should work off the clock, as I should.

The first stop is an unknown until preload wraps and the final Orion solution is generated at the last minute. So no one could locate it ahead of time anyway.

Seems to me like they are trying to break drivers down into following their failed plans and having service failures. Something they actually can fire you for.

Every morning, we have drivers look at the ORION screen and see that the final stops of the day are businesses, ETA like 7pm. They call over the sups and you just get blank stares and after a few seconds you get "just break off". Isn't one of the points of Orion is to plan the day so we don't have to? Then we get in trouble for missed?

Orion is new technology. They can't do anything to you. Talk to your steward. I'm never 85%. Although I'm always under the miles.

Can't they say it's a work as directed issue? New or not, following the company's system is working as directed. If they enforce it, work as directed? My center has never threatened anything. They just periodically complain if the center compliance average is way down and to improve.

El Correcto

god is dead
The first stop is an unknown until preload wraps and the final Orion solution is generated at the last minute. So no one could locate it ahead of time anyway.

Every morning, we have drivers look at the ORION screen and see that the final stops of the day are businesses, ETA like 7pm. They call over the sups and you just get blank stares and after a few seconds you get "just break off". Isn't one of the points of Orion is to plan the day so we don't have to? Then we get in trouble for missed?

Can't they say it's a work as directed issue? New or not, following the company's system is working as directed. If they enforce it, work as directed? My center has never threatened anything. They just periodically complain if the center compliance average is way down and to improve.
It is wad problem. The problem with that is they are saying 0 missed 0 late then telling you to not go over on miles and hit an Orion %. This is a nightmare on country routes and the harassment is relentless if you are not in their good graces.

Tough Guy

Orion percent is a "production standard", right? So therefore it's not recognized by the union. If they try to say it's a work as directed issue, were also "directed" not to come in over allowed, but that still happens to many of us.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Most of us are fine post Orion.

I follow it 97% or better everyday. I don't know why some of you guys fight it? Give UPS what they want. You make more money when they get what they want. Since Orion. My area is cut in half from Tues to Thurs. Only reason I sweat is because it is 90 plus out. I'm not payed to think. So I follow it as close as possible. Safety 1st. If It makes me cross the road. I make the delivery out my right side door on the way out. Makes no sense to drive by. Then to get on way back. Plus I never go out my driver door. The reason Orion is here is for the end of this contract. They really believe they can get anyone to do the job. Orion or not. It is a job for people who can handle pressure and work ethic. Not to many of us left out there. Most come then go. Our center is about 1 out of 30 just for sort. May be 1 out of 100 to drive